cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data

ecrowell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan includes data, it's turned on and the APN settings have been checked, but data is not working.  Phone is LG4.

14 REPLIES 14

ecrowell

Thanks so much for the help.  After doing the factory reset, data was available.

me003
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have LG G4. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with APN settings. Only one way to make it work, a full factory reset and network reset followed. Remember to take all your data backed up. After reset, enter the APN name and all settings from the PM site, you will have your data back. 

allendick
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for the tip.  It worked now and I stepped down to a basic plan.  I have tons of cheap data on the other SIM Just want the number.and text to work.   Much appreciated.  I was getting worried.

As for all the other well meaning advice given in the forums, If anyone has data troubles, first make sure your phone and the specific model is actually compatible with PM. I wasted a lot of time with APNs and all that before the penny dropped. 

Again thanks!  mission accomplished.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I have an LG G4 and the data works fine on it.

• Make sure the LG G4 is updated to the latest version
  • Double check APN settings, delete and re-enter it
  • Reset network settings
  • Back up your data and factory reset
  • Try the sim card in another phone and see if data works
  • If it still doesn't work in another phone maybe it's on Public Mobile's end

Just to be clear you have the Canadian variant of the LG G4?

JonSeltzer

What type of phone do  u have?

If they cannot hear you, I suggest go near a window.

I have same problem when I am in certain part of building

jaherne

Have you tried:

Settings > Networks > More > Mobile Networks > Network operators > Search > Select your mobile network (Public Mobile! or there may be an option to choose autmatically). Restart your phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@allendick wrote:

I don't want to go back to that plan. I have no use for that data. I wasn't able to use what I had.

As it happens I just found out why I'm not able to use the data this evening and I'm very surprised that I can't change or even see my account right up until the end of the day.

Somehow that seems very wrong.

So with just a few minutes left now...what happens when you log in and go about trying to change your plan?

There aren't any plans that are just talk and text either.

Edit: Coincidentally I'm renewing tonight too. I can get to the change plan. I'm not going through with it though.

allendick

I don't want to go back to that plan. I have no use for that data. I wasn't able to use what I had.

As it happens I just found out why I'm not able to use the data this evening and I'm very surprised that I can't change or even see my account right up until the end of the day.

Somehow that seems very wrong.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@allendick 

Get another phone? That plan has been dropped. If you change plans you won't be able to go back.

As for Plan Expired...that's normal. Around 7pm ET it says this. At midnight ET it suspends. Sometime overnight it renews.

But if your services still work it's fine.

Unfortunately, doing things in your account now can be tricky. You kinda ought to have scheduled the change earlier in the day or a previous day.

allendick

In my case, my new phone is not working for PM data but text and voice are fine.  It has taken me a day or two to realise that once I left wifi. I worked on the settings and that did not help.  All the advice on the board was useless to me except one post that took me to the answer.

In my case, the answer was siimple. I went to  https://willmyphonework.net/ and checked out the phone. I learned that my new 'global' 'international' phone with a long list of bands will never work predicably with PM data.

SOOO I went to downgrade my plan to voice and text since I have data on another SIM in the same phone and it works well. Why pay PM $60 for data in Canada and the US when I can't use it?

Guess what? The PM website seems to be broken tonight.  It is 8 PM MST on the last day of my $60 plan -- and my account page says my plan has EXPIRED in red--and I am offered no possible actions or plans.  Where the options should be is blank.

However, my expired? phone number still rings and the same page says I will be charged $60 tomorrow.   So I am snookered with no way to change plans and no use for the data on the one I have if it is renewed. 

ecrowell

Thanks  for the suggestion--unfortunately it didn't work, though.

BDW

ecrowell

How can I do a network settings refresh?  Hoping to not need a factory reset!

@ecrowell wrote:

My plan includes data, it's turned on and the APN settings have been checked, but data is not working.  Phone is LG4.

When switching to a different carrier's sim card, LG phone often either need a network settings refresh or a factory reset for data to work (despite the APN settings already being correct). If a factory reset ends up being necessary, be sure to back up any content that you need to keep.

Need Help? Let's chat.