cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

xCHUTERx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, a friend of mine woke up to his phone this morning saying SIM not provisioned and he had no service. He came to my place and we did a SIM replacement on his account and when we restart his phone it says Emergency Calls Only and won’t register on the Public Mobile Network. When you call his phone it says “this number is not in service”. On his online account it says his account his active.

5 REPLIES 5

@xCHUTERx wrote:

I’m not sure how to message an MOD.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

xCHUTERx

I’m not sure how to message an MOD.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you tried his sim in another working phone?

This can  be a phone thing.... but is more likely a PM thing.

Also, I assume that you have messaged a MOD?

xCHUTERx

I did an IMEI check this morning and it’s not on the blacklist, he finished his 2 year term with Telus and then ported his number to Public Mobile about 3 weeks ago and he’s had nothing but issues since. It took almost 2 weeks for them to port his number and get his line active and now this.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

check the imei in the canadian black list.  I believe the sim not provisioned message can indicate thatthe phone has been reported lost/stolen.  did your friend buy it new?

@xCHUTERx wrote:

Hello, a friend of mine woke up to his phone this morning saying SIM not provisioned and he had no service. He came to my place and we did a SIM replacement on his account and when we restart his phone it says Emergency Calls Only and won’t register on the Public Mobile Network. When you call his phone it says “this number is not in service”. On his online account it says his account his active.

Need Help? Let's chat.