cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User. Emergency Calls Only?

JLY11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi PM forums,

I just ported from Bell to your new $40 plan. Fill out my information and porting my number was smooth until I switched sims. Now when I insert my PM sim to my phone (unlocked S7 edge G935-F) I get emergency calls only, " [Insert SIM card] Insert SIM card to access network services.", and in my SIM card status it shows everything not available. 

While signing up, my brother and I have a shared bell account with our own lines on it and we ported at the same time but, he is up and running fine. 

Whats wrong??

- thanks JLY11Screenshot_20161028-170345.pngScreenshot_20161028-170423.png

6 REPLIES 6

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks Super Mary for prompt attention to sooo many requests.  You're doing great!  🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @JLY11

I got you on FB 😉 I'll get this worked out for you right now!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@JLY11 wrote:

another thing to add is, when I try my brother's PM sim (he switched the same time with me) it works fine and when he puts my sim, it shows no sim on his iphone.

It could be the bad sim. May be just wait till staff member confirms everything fine in their end. 

@Shazia_K

JLY11

another thing to add is, when I try my brother's PM sim (he switched the same time with me) it works fine and when he puts my sim, it shows no sim on his iphone.

JLY11

I tried turning off and on my phone, removing and replacing the sim, and my account status does say active. Will do a factory reset and report back. 

Thanks!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @JLY11!

Welcome to PM!

Looks like your phone is not detecting the sim card.  Remove the PM sim card from the phone... and then replace it.  Try again.  

If you do not have any important data on the phone, do a factory reset.  Or at least a soft reset.  

Can you also verify that your public mobile selfserve shows account status as "Active" now?

Need Help? Let's chat.