cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Service Not Working

normf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I signed up for  service yeserday with a request to port a number from my Telus landline.

My landline is still working and my cell phone isn't.  In the welcome email it said it could take up to two hours to port the number, its now been eighteen hours.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@normf sorry for the delayed response, but I'm glad to hear all is good.  Welcome to Public Mobile!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

normf

Now I have no home phone, the port must have gone through.

normf

Got a reply from a moderator this morning. The sim card was never activated and a ticket has been opened and it should be active within 24 hrs. So still no phone.

srlawren

@normf wrote:

It’s an unlocked iPhone se bought new recently from Costco

@normf okay, that should be compatible and unlocked, so you must have an activation issue.

You have a few options.  You could try a couple of different manual workarounds that might resovle it yourself, see here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f... However, currently, the self-serve sight is slow as molasses, so you're going to drive yourself nuts trying to do this.

The other option is to reach out to the moderator team for help, which you do by private messaging them here in the community and then unfortunately patiently wait for them to get back to you (it can take some time).  You can learn more about all that here:  How to Get Help

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

normf

It’s an unlocked iPhone se bought new recently from Costco

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@normf wrote:

Hi,

I signed up for  service yeserday with a request to port a number from my Telus landline.

My landline is still working and my cell phone isn't.  In the welcome email it said it could take up to two hours to port the number, its now been eighteen hours.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

@normf Port the number may take up to 4 days in some situations. Hope that your home phone number is not in the renewal cycle. 

srlawren

@normf wrote:

On my phone it says no service though.

@normf that's a different issue, not related to the porting.

What is your phone's brand and model?  Did you buy it from a carrier?  If it was any other carrier than Telus or Koodo, did you get it unlocked?

normf

On my phone it says no service though.

srlawren

@normf wrote:

Can I Use data before the porting is completed?

@normf yes, you can use all your plan features.  

normf

Can I Use data before the porting is completed?

normf

Thanks, hopefully it doesn’t take that long.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@normf 

Recently did a bell landline port ..took only 48 hrs..hope yours goes as smooth...

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@normf Landlines take 1 - 2 weeks. Your cell will be able to make outgoing calls long before incoming work. When I moved to PM from Telus it's exactly what happened to me. DO NOT close your Telus account; that will happen automatically once he port-in has finished.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.