cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation: Need Help Pls!

s3prasad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, 

I want to take advantage of the current promo. 

I'm a Wind Mobile Customer and want to eventually port my number from Wind to PM. 

I anticipate purchasing a new phone comptaible with PM's network. I also just ordered a sim. 

Can someone kindly address my questions below:

1) Given that I don't have the sim, or a phone, am I too late to participate in this promo?

2) Can I sign-up without a phone?

3) At what point do I begin the porting process? 

Thank you for your help!

7 REPLIES 7

@MrHelp wrote:
I think it is just $10 for the SIM which is refundable once you activate your PM account.

Public Mobile no longer refunds the price of the sim card upon activation.  The price of them is now $5.

cl96
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I ordered my sim card on Nov 11 and received it today Nov 14, one day after the weekend. They even sent it as priority mail. So, the actual shipping is not long at all.

MrHelp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi there. I moved from Wind to PM too few months ago.
I would immediately order the SIM. Delivery is fast. I think it is just $10 for the SIM which is refundable once you activate your PM account. And you can activate your account once you get your Simcard.
I would also check if your current phone is compatible before you order another phone. Here is the link:https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started
Finally, once you have a compatible phone and PM simcard at hand there will be an option to keep your Wind # or get a new #
Good luck

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Seems some people already responded, So I hope that we answered your question

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Hello fellow camarade 🙂 

I am currently in your same position, but from researching in the community here are some answers: 

1) Given that I don't have the sim, or a phone, am I too late to participate in this promo?

No, the promo will end on the 20th 11:59:59, but first I recomend ordering the SIM card as fast as you can as this one is the most pressing, the phone can follow up after 

2) Can I sign-up without a phone?

yes you can, what you need to activate the SIM is the following :

• A compatible phone, 
  • Have your Public Mobile SIM card ready.
  • Have your credit card, VISA debit card or Payment Voucher ready.
  • Check out publicmobile.ca/plans and decide on the plan and add-ons you'd like to buy.

So again get the SIM card early

3) At what point do I begin the porting process? 

you can eaither port it during the activation process (Not recemended) or port it later during the plan, provided that your old account with the old provider is still active , simply said : anytime you want after the activation

I hope that answers your question

silverradiance

Hi, I essentially just went through the same things you are describing, and I hope I can help.

Firstly, you are not too late to participate AS LONG as you receive a PM SIM card AND activate it before the deadline of the promo which is on the 20th of November. So keep eye out for your mail and start the signup process ASAP. I found the following link very helpful for the signup process <http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/how-to/how-to-port-switch-public-mobile/>

Secondly, yes you can sign up without a phone. You only need a PM SIM card to signup.

Thirdly, you can choose to port DURING your signup stage, OR choose to signup with a NEW PM number to begin with, and then later (at any point) porting your OLD number to PM through the ONLINE SELF-SERVE system. **REMEMBER to NOT cancel your OLD WIND account BEFORE PORTING, else you risk LOSING that number**

I hope this helps! Please check out that website <http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/how-to/how-to-port-switch-public-mobile/> it really helped me.

Also, if you'd like maybe consider using me as your referal! 😃 Just private message me anytime for the number.  Let me know if you have any other questions, hope I could help with them as well!!

Cheers,

SR

kooolio

#1 : The promo is until November 20

#2 : As long as you have the sim card you can activate it

#3 : The porting can be done during sim card activation or you can get a new number and port later

Need Help? Let's chat.