cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with minutes add-ons

jzxdrift_100
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm currently on $15 plan with limited minutes and I believe those minutes are only Canada-wide (correct me if I'm wrong). I have a few work-related numbers that I'll need to be calling soon multiple times. The numbers are: +15165007776, +18006522054, +18558810994, +18668956330. I'm running very low on my allocated minutes and need to get an add-on. The question is which add-on I should get? International long distance or US long distance? The 516 number shows up as US based, the rest show up as toll free, but I'm not too sure about that. Any help please?

2 REPLIES 2

jzxdrift_100
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you very much!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jzxdrift_100 By the book, calling toll free number (1800, 1855, 1866, etc) will consume your outgoing minutes.

BUT.. people tested and confirmed that most toll-free numbers do not count towards your 100 minutes.

For calling US, only US LD minutes will be counted and won't counted towards your 100 outgoing minutes

So, in your case, you only need to buy US LD calling addon.   However, since minutes addon are non-expiring, I would suggest you to buy the $5 - 500 Canada calling minutes as well so you don't have to worry about going over your 100 minutes

But if you really want to save the money, get VoIP app TextNow.  It will give you a new 10 digits number.  You call using the app to any Canada and US number for free.  It uses your Wifi or Mobile data, so you don't have to worry about outgoing Canada minutes or US LD minutes

Need Help? Let's chat.