cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

Maran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi
Anyone help me
I can't choose number
Please help me
I already send my details on private message
Thank you
Maran

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'd go for it, use your account number when porting not pin or imei

raysquared
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm also thinking of re porting the number through self serve. Not sure if anyone has any input on that idea.

dtty87

It took about 4 business days for Public Mobile to get back to me. They did say that there's been a rush of new registrations which they're working to get through. 

My specific issue was not being able to port my Koodo number over to Public Mobile on self-serve. That's dues to a system glitch, which they're working on. 

Reading between the lines, it sounds like their system can't handle the influx of new registrations because of the new deal they launched, and compounding this are some website glitches. 

Rockdaddy22
It is at the moment

Rajpreet
Getting a reply from a mod seems like a mission

raysquared

Are there certain mods I should be getting a hold of? Can't find a list of them. Thanks.

torontoireland

That's pretty much everyone's problem at the moment and I have no idea why PM won't just shut down the registration system until the backlog of problems is fixed. Send an e-mail to the general help address and try messaging a mod too, but you will probably be waiting for at least a week from what I gather.

Rockdaddy22
@alim sorry I didn't read properly, the only thing you can do is contact a mod

Murdawg

@raysquared wrote:

Hi all. Wife and I ported over last night. My one plus gave me no troubles but her iPhone wasnt straight forward. The problem we are having is she can't receive calls/texts. Her outgoing calls/texts and data are fine. We have tried the following:

1. Turning off the phone for 5 mins after porting (she got the email confirmation)

2. Turn off the phone, then remove the Sim card for 1 mins then reinserting and turning on the phone.

Her rogers Sim card was deactivated during the porting process so I assume the port went OK.

Do you guys have any other suggestions or which mod I can get ahold of to resolve this? Thanks!

Perhaps try this out?

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/td-p/1610

Rockdaddy22
It sounds like a partial/failed port to me

raysquared

Hi all. Wife and I ported over last night. My one plus gave me no troubles but her iPhone wasnt straight forward. The problem we are having is she can't receive calls/texts. Her outgoing calls/texts and data are fine. We have tried the following:

1. Turning off the phone for 5 mins after porting (she got the email confirmation)

2. Turn off the phone, then remove the Sim card for 1 mins then reinserting and turning on the phone.

Her rogers Sim card was deactivated during the porting process so I assume the port went OK.

Do you guys have any other suggestions or which mod I can get ahold of to resolve this? Thanks!

Rockdaddy22
Does your WIND sim still work. Your already regretting it? Maybe this company isn't for you.

alim
I ported my number from Wind Mobile, it's an unlocked iPhone 6. Both my old wind mobile SIM card and new PM SIM card say "no service" when I put them in, I can't make calls and people can't call me. I kept my wind mobile account active when I ported my number over, can't figure out what the issue is and I'm very dissapointed because I need my phone for work and I've already gone a day without service that I've paid for. Starting to regret my decision to switch

Rockdaddy22
Looks like you have a failed port, you'll need to contact a mod

Rajpreet
Hi if someone ould tell me what's going on.
I am running two cell phones with one same number.
My old sim is still running and the new public mobile is too with the same number.
The only difference is that the public one is only outgoing calls text and data.
Can someone help me fix this, its not fun to carry two phones specially with only one number...😬😬

lilstarangel15

I went to this page: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help and clicked on Still can't find answer?

@Cc46ho

vroom

You're right in that I'm partially activated. I could no longer make any calls on my Fido Sim card, so placed the PM card in and got the welcome text. I can't get any incoming calls though, only outgoing. 

Cc46ho
Hi, I'm having the same problem trying to port my Fido number over to Public Mobile. I get the following message at the transaction summary page:

- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href=" https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.

However the $120+tax payment has been charged but I can't sign in to the self serve menu. Outgoing/incoming calls also do not work. Where should I open a ticket for this?

Bolado
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
In normal conditions when you port, as soon as your fido chip has no service your public mobile chip is now active. That's not really the case at the moment. People end up with zero service until a mod activates your partially activated public mobile SIM card.

vroom

When should I take the Fido SIM card out of my phone and replace it with the PM card? Should I give it 48 hours to port? Looking to cancel my Fido contract but don't want to be w/o a phone lol.

Wngai
^ hi all,

I seem to be in "port limbo" as well. Submitted a ticket and looking for to PM's response!

db519

Hi folks. Trying to activate phone for the wife. Started with fresh number (made for a seamless port with my old number).

Have messaged @Brooke_C but called it off after I got the email lol.. oops.

When trying to register self-serve says already registered, trying to login yields "password invalid", and then forgot password says cannot locate account. All information ready to PM to a mod who can help me! 🙂 Thx

Bolado
Most likely. I'm currently running two phones. I made the decision to port later just in case it ran into problems. Which it did. I also got double charged for pressing the activate button one more time at the end after it failed. Don't keep pressing it guys or you'll have to deal with that too!

Lindalu
@torontoireland, you mean i don't have phone service in a week? Is that my fault that to choose public mobile then?

Bolado

Yeah, Mary made a post saying if you activate prior you'll still get it.

Tygr
Will PM still honour the deal if it get resolved after Nov 20th?

torontoireland

You are having the same problem a lot of other people are having, you will just have to wait, it could take a week from what I gather.

Lindalu
Hi i need help to active my account . Now there is no phone system i can use in public mobile and virgin mobike, even i had been paid for my service,

Is there anyone can help?

dougtheduck

update: at 11:07am pacific, i recieved a text from PM stating that my rewards have beeen applied to my account... I doublechecked PM community to see that I have also recieved a private message from @Mary_M stating that she has fixed all my problems.

I am happy to inform everyone that my account has indeed been fixed and I am able to use my smartphone as a smartphone, my self serve is working and that my number has also been ported.

Thanks @Mary_M.

for everyone else who wants a little more detail... 

I applied for PM last thursday (10th of november) around 10am pacific which had for some odd reason failed, sent out a bunch of messages to mods etc... then had my previous service provider cut off yesterday (15th november, this was sudden and i was totally unaware that this was going to happen >_<) at around 3am, i switched my public mobile simcard to my daily driver(main phone) and was unable to do anything other than use wifi, I finally got a response from @Mary_M this morning at 1109am (before that I got text a message from PM on my phone around 1107). 

Hope this helps people calm down and just leave a message or 2 to mods to help them get their thing fixed. They might take time but looks like they are getting things done...

Good luck everyone!

@dougtheduck wrote:

update:

so... i received a message this morning only my pm phone stating that my transfer has been completed successfully and my previous service provider (another phone) has been cut off...

but my public mobile number has not been activated?

regardless I am now totally unable to call/text/browse or anything on any of my phones... i have restarted my phones as well.

@Jeremy_M wrote:

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

I still haven't received a response from a mod regarding anything i have posted/sent.

Need Help? Let's chat.