cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SERVICE?!

sebastianjedsk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just activated my SIM (yes I've double checked that my SIM number is correct in my account) and paid my account (yes I've checked this as well) for my fully unlocked iPhone 6 (fully up to date) and I've got no service. 

I've tried hard resetting the phone multiple times, turning the LTE on, making sure the cellular data settings are correct, taking the sim card out for anywhere from seconds to 5 minutes and turning airplane mode on and off to trigger a search for a network. Nothing works. Public covers my region 100%, but for some reason it refuses to find a network. 

What the hell do I do now? 

10 REPLIES 10

TG

I have no text message or phone service since Wednesday.  I have checked my usage on line and only used 29 phone minutes and 22 text messages.  I have a 50 minute and 50 text plan that doesn't expire until Nov. 11.  The same thing happened last month.  I should not need to add more money until I use up all my service. 

The plan is supposed to have voice message capability but when I go to voice message I get a message that I dont have an active long distance add on?

Can someone help me since I am very frustrated with this service.  There must be a problem with the service or possibly the set up?  Should I be looking for another provider?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sebastianjedsk if possible let us know what the issue was once it is resolved.

Afton81

@srlawren wrote:

@Afton81 @sebastianjedsk 

Did you purchase the iPhone outright and unlocked, or through a carrier?  If the latter, it very likely needs to be unlocked for use with Public Mobile (unless that carrier was Telus or Koodo, since PM and Koodo are owned by Telus and run on the same network, carrier locking is not an issue there).  

Mine was locked to Virgin Mobile/Bell and I unlocked it last December when it became free to do so. It worked fine with the number transfer last night. Took all of an hour before it was ported and I was up and running on my old number with Public Mobile. 

sebastianjedsk

Thanks all for the help (some way more helpful than others). Messaged the mod. Waiting for reply now. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Afton81 @sebastianjedsk 

Did you purchase the iPhone outright and unlocked, or through a carrier?  If the latter, it very likely needs to be unlocked for use with Public Mobile (unless that carrier was Telus or Koodo, since PM and Koodo are owned by Telus and run on the same network, carrier locking is not an issue there).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sebastianjedsk you can check at https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/ to make sure your device is not blacklisted. Also, It can take up to 48 hours from the time someone reports a device as lost or stolen before it is added to the Blacklist and blocked from participating Canadian wireless networks. As a result, even though a device is not on the Blacklist, that device may eventually be placed on the Blacklist and be blocked by participating Canadian wireless network carriers at a later time.

Afton81

I activated last night at home with an iPhone 6s (similar) and mine went through just fine. I received a text to the phone from Public Mobile saying everything was working. If you didn't receive that, then it's the sim or something with them. A moderator should be able to help if you send a message to them directly. Good luck!

smp99

Did you activate at home? You may have a bad SIM. Or your account did not finish activation fully.

To resolve this issue you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 day/weeks but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

sebastianjedsk

Identical iPhone 6 exact same deal as the other one. No dice. 

Edit: Lmao so pissed at this point I'm actually considering trying to drop this phone... from like 50 feet.

LEGO
Need Help? Let's chat.