cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW SIM card doesn't work

HMB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI I need help! I tried to acivate my SIM card- I got to the last page and entered in my visa info then got a page that said 'something went wrong, please try logging in again' 

I have tried to restart the activation- but now my sim card isn't workng. What do I do?

16 REPLIES 16

HMB

Thanks for suggestions. I tried re-activating with no change. I still get the message that says 'invalid sim'. I will try in the morning. I have sent a couple messages to the moderators and am hoping to get a message back. I also contacted my VISA provider and asked what they might be able to do. 

DonForgo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Believe me when I say this, Public Mobile's system is just outdated, but probably is as competent as any provider's system. 

I've worked hands on with Rogers and Bell's systems, they are not that great either. 

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HMB wrote:

No- it looks like the charge went throught already. 

I see, well the mods will refund it if that's what you ask for, they can't just eat your money.

But do try the activation again after an hour or maybe wait even longer to be safe. If it still doesn't work out, then simply ask for your money back.

I agree PM's system doesn't seem very general public friendly at first (ironic lol), but once everything is set up, you will enjoy the savings Smiley Happy

DonForgo

@HMB wrote:

I am so frusrated with this service. Friends said this would be easy and painless. 

I did two activations this weekend, all painless. It is so strange what happens to systems. 
I'm really sorry to see this happen, but hang tight, hopefully a moderator can resolve it.

HMB

I am so frusrated with this service. Friends said this would be easy and painless. 

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can try waiting an hour and then try to sign up/activate again. There has been many similar threads here about this problem, the sim card number need time to reset basically. If it still doesn't work after that, you should be able to talk to mods right away since you are in queue with them now.

Also the charge on your card is only "pending" right?

DonForgo

nope. 

HMB

silly question-but do I have to put the sim card into my phone prior to trying to filling out PM activiation page?

DonForgo

@HMB wrote:

how do i contact a moderator?

Bottom right, question mark, 

HMB

how do i contact a moderator?

HMB

yes my visa has already been charged 

DonForgo

@HMB wrote:

I also tried to register an account- but it wont' let me. 

Try 'forgotten' password or something, see if it sends you a password. 

This is strange, (I'm new to Public Mobile, don't know the bugs) 

HMB

I also tried to register an account- but it wont' let me. 

DonForgo

@HMB wrote:

I tried to login with the user name and pword that I used in the activation page- but it said the email was not registerd. So I am assuming that I don't have an account - it didn't work to create an account 

Sounds like it's a bug. Your SIM card might be burnt. 
Did any transaction go through on your credit card? 

You probably have to contact a Moderator to assist. 

HMB

I tried to login with the user name and pword that I used in the activation page- but it said the email was not registerd. So I am assuming that I don't have an account - it didn't work to create an account 

DonForgo

@HMB wrote:

HI I need help! I tried to acivate my SIM card- I got to the last page and entered in my visa info then got a page that said 'something went wrong, please try logging in again' 

I have tried to restart the activation- but now my sim card isn't workng. What do I do?

@HMB 
Have you tried to log in with the login/password you set up with?
If you can log in, you can see if it is activated already or not, sometimes, due to the internets being the internets, it is submitted but lost connection back to you. 

Try to log in and see if it's activated or not. 

Need Help? Let's chat.