cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW SIM CARD

sandbach
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently lost my sim card (don't ask) and have purchased a new one which should be coming in the mail soon.....I looked on my account a found a "change sim card" which seems easy enough.....My question is do I have to activate it first before exchanging it for my old one or just go ahead and exchange it straight out of the "box."  Any ideas or anybody done this already?  Thks....

8 REPLIES 8

@HALIMACS wrote:

@sandbach 

Yes you keep your existing number.

We presume that you have active service - and you just need to swap out your SIM card.

Correct?

We assume you have active service WITH PUBLIC MOBILE already. Then as stated just do the SIM card change online and you will be back in service exactly as before. The possibility existed that you are currently with another carrier, got a PM SIM card but lost it before activating with PM, thus the many questions to confirm the scenario.

AE_Collector

sandbach

Yes.....Thanks for your help...

@sandbach 

Yes you keep your existing number.

We presume that you have active service - and you just need to swap out your SIM card.

Correct?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Update the sim card number in your account.

You can keep your same phone number

sandbach

Thanks for your answer.....Can I also keep my old number?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Please don't activated you would curate separate account with a separate number and they are not interchangable

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@sandbach 

Do not activate it.

simply go into your account and click change sim card.

Green Arrow on picture below.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

  

Put in new number and you're done. Put SIM card in the phone and that is all. All info and number will be transferred to that sim.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @sandbach 

You just change the SIM card number right out of the box on your self serve.

Need Help? Let's chat.