cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sim card is not working

R3kk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I try my boyfriends phone the sim is not a working right the sim number is **************** the service isnt working. Please help me out.

8 REPLIES 8

threads merged

@R3kk  Sounds like your account hasn't been provisioned properly and you will need to submit a ticket to PM to fix it.

PMST.png

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@R3kk wrote:

yes the phone was unlocked I tried with my iphone and my boyfriends cell. It was saying no service on my iphone and on my other phone it was saying I needed a PUK. I want to use my iphone over my samsung and they both are from Bell mobile. I signed up for the $50 and I paid for it and it is the right simcard # I think but it wont connect to public mobile. it does however say it is a public mobile sim card.

There's sim PUK and SIm Network unlock PUK.

The first is your sim being security password locked. That PUK you need to get from moderators.

Sim Network Unlock PUK means your phone has been locked to a carrier.

Which message is it?

R3kk

yes the phone was unlocked I tried with my iphone and my boyfriends cell. It was saying no service on my iphone and on my other phone it was saying I needed a PUK. I want to use my iphone over my samsung and they both are from Bell mobile. I signed up for the $50 and I paid for it and it is the right simcard # I think but it wont connect to public mobile. it does however say it is a public mobile sim card.

R3kk

yes the phone was unlocked both mine and my boyfriends. It was saying no service on my iphone and on my other phone it was saying I needed a PUK. I want to use my iphone over my samsung and they both are from Bell mobile. I signed up for the $50 and I paid for it and it is the simcard # but it wont connect to public mobile.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@R3kk 

Login to your self-serve account.

Is your account status is active?

If yes, Is the top notification bar showing Public Mobile?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @R3kk .  First off, since this is a public forum, and anyone can see these posts, you should remove all personalinofrmation (ie the SIM number).

As for the SIM not working, is your boyfriends phone unlocked?  Where was the phone (which carrier) working previously.  If it was Telus or Koodo, it will work with Public Mobile.  Otherwise, the phone must be unlocked.  What plan are you signed up for?  Did you just sign up, or are you just replacing the SIM?

Need Help? Let's chat.