cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SIM card doesn't fit

anghelina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello! I had a phone with a large SIM card which doesn't fit with my new phone Alcatel one touch. I asked Public Mobile for another one and they sent me one that is way too small. What can I do so I can activate that phone ASAP?
5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@anghelina I'm assuming since we haven't heard back from you that this is resolved?  How are you liking your new phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

littleburger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The simple card pm  has is all triple size which already included regular, micro and nano size. You can easy use the one fit the size of your phone 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@anghelina welcome to the community, and congrats on your phone upgrade!  Is that an Idol 3, by chance?  Those are pretty nice and a great value!

Further to what @Kalla_A and @ckl have already mentioned, if you've already taken the "nano" part out, you can just pop the "micro" adapter part out from the "mini" part, it should just push out with a little bit of pressure.  Then, you can just "snap" the nano core into the "micro" adapter piece, and then insert the assembled bit into your SIM tray or slot on your Alcatel.

When you have a moment, please let us know whether this worked and got you up and running.  I assume you also know that you will need to sign into your PM self-serve account and change your SIM card number in your account (if you haven't already).  Let us know if we can be of any help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Like @Kalla_A said, if you got recent sim card from PM, you should have received the triple punch ones. If you look closely at the card they sent you, you should see indents around the sim. One to separate a regular sim from a micro sim, the second inner indent to separate the micro sim from the nano. All you need to do is put the nano sim back into the card and separate the other indent to make it a micro.

Sounds confusing, but if you look at the picture on the card itself, it has what the three sizes should look like. Hopefully will become clear.

http://store.publicmobile.ca/products/triple-punch-sim-card

and here:

https://www.ezkonnect.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/...

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @anghelina,

The Alcatel One Touch uses a micro-sized SIM card. Our triple punch SIM cards offer all three available sizes. What you could do is take out the micro size, and you put your nano SIM card in it. This should fit in your phone.

If you don't have the card anymore, you will have to order a new SIM card here.

Cheers,

Kalla

Need Help? Let's chat.