cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SIM card activation

Keith1953
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated my Sim card and when I phoned my cell phone from a different phone it went straight to voicemail. I urgently need this fixed please. 
thanks Keith 

4 REPLIES 4

Keith1953
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone for your assistance, I appreciate it. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Keith1953  Try:

• restarting your phone
  • performing a reset of the network settings (good thing to do have changing providers)

If stills issues, are your outgoing calls and texts in/out working?

If you ported over a number to Public Mobile, Ii would be the incoming calls that may be delayed, as that particular service takes longer to port over across providers.

So, use the previous provider's SIM card to receive calls from. When the incoming calls stop that is a good indication the port is complete.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. If from another cell company, did you leave the old provider's SIM to wait for a port approval text within 90 minutes?
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days.

If still issues, submit a ticket for help with Public Mobile Customer Support Agents; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

When you activated your new PM service, did you chose new number or you initiated porting at the same time?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Keith1953 

Are you porting your old number to PM?

If yes, you need to reply to the text from your old carrier with the old SIM in the phone.

If you picked a new number, just reboot your phone by powering off then power the phone back on.

Need Help? Let's chat.