cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Android isn't receiving texts from iphones

kbeatski
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I'm hoping someone can help me. My Android Nexus 5 is not receiving any texts from iPhones. I have been with this company now for only 4 days and I'm not sure how many text messages I have missed. I hope I'm able to recover them. I also hope I haven't missed any of my friends that are supposed to be arriving in town any day. help!!

34 REPLIES 34

@kbeatski, and before you make any more comments about PM being crap, we are a community trying to assist you here.  We are not employees of Public Mobile, just regular subscribers.

This sounds more like a failed port, but that doesn’t make sense with receiving information from Android devices.

Try the delisting instructions in the post by @Luddite.  It’s a long shot, but worth the attempt.

Ths situation is a strange one, as you can't receive phone calls from iPhone users either.  Public Mobile has no way to reject calls only from iPhone users.  Public Mobile wouldn't even know that the other perosn is using an iPhone (well, unless the phone was connected to the Telus network). 

kbeatski

I deleted a conversation then contact then turned phone off added them again and it still doesn't work. I'm changing companies. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

Perhaps yhis addresses the issue: https://www.howtogeek.com/252100/what-to-do-if-you-cant-receive-text-messages-from-iphone-users/

Stupid Apple and their stupid own little stupid sandbox that they want to keep everyone in. Stupid. I hate Apple.

Whadyaknow it ain't PM.

Great find Luddite.

Perhaps yhis addresses the issue: https://www.howtogeek.com/252100/what-to-do-if-you-cant-receive-text-messages-from-iphone-users/

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kbeatski

I'll try this with one of my contacts but I'm not willing to do this with every one of my iPhone user friends, that would be 75% of my contacts at least. Pretty sure public mobile is a crappy company .

@kbeatski Here is a solution I found for the Nexus 5 but for certain numbers not iphone specific if you want to try that. Back up your phone first.

• If the block feature was not activated and you still can’t receive messages from that contact:
    • Delete them from your Contacts app.
    • Delete the conversation you have with that contact in your Messages.
    • Turn off your nexus for 10 seconds, then turn it back on.
    • Re-add them into your Contact list and try to text them again.

kbeatski

Turns out I'm not receiving calls or text messages from iPhone users. There seems to big glitch with this company .

@computergeek541 wrote:

Huh? Am I missing something? If someone isn't receiving text messages, but it's only from people using iPhone devices, I wouldn't bother contacting moderators.  There isn't anything they would be able to do about this since I'm about 99% certain this has nothing to do with the Public Mobile service.  Public Mobile has no way to selectively choose to not deliver messages sent by iPhone users but not other from other phones.  Very likely what's happening is that your messages are being sent to an iMessage server, and if that's the case, Public Mobile would never be receiving the messages as SMS to deliver to you. 

I have read a few apple forums that pointed to some server settings, not on the phone but within the server network itself. Its hard to point towards imessage when it was working fine before.

kbeatski

My data works as that is what I'm using to do this and no I can't receive calls from iPhones either, it goes straight to voicemail .

If someone isn't receiving text messages, but it's only from people using iPhone devices, I'm about 99% certain this has nothing to do with the Public Mobile service.  Public Mobile has no way to selectively choose to not deliver messages sent by iPhone users but not other from other phones.  Very likely what's happening is that your messages are being sent to an iMessage server, and if that's the case, Public Mobile would never be receiving the messages as SMS to deliver to you. 

kbeatski

Calls out work, data works, Android in and out works, just not getting texts or calls from any iPhone, I've asked a couple people to trouble shoot with me and they have tried turning off the wifi and I still didn't get a text from them and calls go to voicemail.

@kbeatski As everything was working prior It is more than likely with the back end for PM that shares it with Koodo and most likely Telus.

@kbeatski wrote:

Its not just one iPhone user, it's all of them. I think I'm just going to go back to my old provider, this company doesn't seem to have anyone who actually helps.

No rush, once this is sorted than PM is well worth it. Remember PM is on the Telus network so it is a matter of figuring out where the glitch is. In the menatime Contact @CS_Agent as below.

To get help with your account, activation, or service?

Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get gelp with your account.

They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

Click here to send them a private message.

In your message please include:

PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].

Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

kbeatski

Its not just one iPhone user, it's all of them. I think I'm just going to go back to my old provider, this company doesn't seem to have anyone who actually helps.

Can iphones call you and does your data work?

kbeatski

They do receive my texts it I who isn't receiving they're texts. And this is all my iPhone friends not just one 

kbeatski

To reply to my text

What about calls and data?

kbeatski

Oops, yes I recirec messages from Android users .

kbeatski

Yes, I'm able to text out and they recirec the texts.

So the only issue is you are not receiving text from iphones? Android in/out works and iphone out works? What about calls? Data?

kbeatski

This also has been tested and isn't the issue .

@kbeatski wrote:

I aked one of my many friends who have iPhones to do this and it didn't work.

What didn't work? They are not receiving your text?

kbeatski

This isn't the issue as I haven't had an iPhone so they don't have my number under iPhone, also I was able to receive messages from them up until I just changed to this company. Thanks for your idea though

kbeatski

I aked one of my many friends who have iPhones to do this and it didn't work.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@kbeatski wrote:

Hello I'm hoping someone can help me. My Android Nexus 5 is not receiving any texts from iPhones. I have been with this company now for only 4 days and I'm not sure how many text messages I have missed. I hope I'm able to recover them. I also hope I haven't missed any of my friends that are supposed to be arriving in town any day. help!!

I assume by what you are saying in/out to android devices is working fine?

What about out to iphones, can you text them?

@kbeatski wrote:

I literally just changed this phone company with the same phone number and same phone and was able to receive text messages from these same people just days before I switched companies it is definitely not an iMessage problem, I've gotten a friend to check.

I agree, if your friend didn't have this enabled then he would have noticed before now. Thought I would mention it only because alot of my friends don't realize that option exsists and because i never use to have data i would not receive text from them when i wasn't on wifi until I had them select this option.

Edit: The messages would show up as soon as I got back on WIFI

kbeatski

I literally just changed this phone company with the same phone number and same phone and was able to receive text messages from these same people just days before I switched companies it is definitely not an iMessage problem, I've gotten a friend to check.

Need Help? Let's chat.