cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data stopped working on my Android

droidlover
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been able to use mobile data and send/receive picture messages no problem since I started my service almost a year ago. My plan is paid for until late April. And I still have over 800 MB left in my prepaid data bucket (I purchased those prepaid 1 GB data buckets last year). I didn't change the Public Mobile APN settings. My phone's OS didn't update or anything. It just stopped working one day. Did Public Mobile change the required APN settings or something? And yes I did make sure mobile data is turned on.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had that EXACT same problem on Wednesday!!! It was working until around 5:30pm PST. I was freaking out thinking the wifi connection was the problem. Took me a while to finally decide to restart my phone.

I have a OnePlus 5. 

I've always been a reboot kinda guy Smiley Tongue

But toggling Airport Mode on/off sometimes does the trick of reconnecting to dropped network services, too, if a full shutdown/restart cycle takes too long.  Worth trying if your phone and the network "lose" connection on a frequent basis.

droidlover

I restarted my phone and it started working again. rofl

@droidloverwrote:

No my phone did not update. My phone is an old model (Nexus 5). It hasn't had an update since 2016.

Try restarting if you haven't already. 

Also you can try deleting the current APN settings and let the phone Automatically load the APN settings. It should be auto labeled as Mobile Internet (sp.mb.com). 

droidlover

No my phone did not update. My phone is an old model (Nexus 5). It hasn't had an update since 2016.

I also changed some of my APN settings to what is shown on https://apn-canada.gishan.net/ (which is suggested here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p...) for Android 6.0 (Marshmallow, which is the OS used for Nexus 5) and no dice.

Or your phone did an update and lost the settings. Just work your way through that Knowledge article to find the settings for your phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

droidlover

What is make/model of your phone? LG Nexus 5

Is cellular data and roaming turned ON? Mobile Data is turned on. Roaming is off.

My mobile data for Public Mobile was set up almost a year ago (April/May 2017) and it was working fine up until March 3rd (the last time I used data. I rarely use my prepaid data. I only noticed it stopped working yesterday when I went to use Google Maps and my mobile data didn't work when I set it to on). This isn't a new phone. Maybe the APN settings that Public Mobile provided a year ago don't work anymore?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

This is the latest and greatest post on setting up data: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p....

What is make/model of your phone? Is cellular data and roaming turned ON?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.