cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merits of a Targeted Promotion

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is a worthy topic for discussion given the terms for the latest promotion.  Personally, I think it is more gimmick than anything else.  There is nothing to stop people from getting a new Freedom plan and porting the number over just to get access to this promotion.  Because this backdoor is quite open, why bother?  A non targeted promotion would garner way more new subscribers.  Besides, this alienates some of the existing customer base that may have missed out on the 2016 fall promotion. 

Thoughts?

35 REPLIES 35

@kav2001c wrote:

I think it is more to limit system crash that happened back in fall

This is more of a test of promo and new fail safes

I am personally hoping for a much bigger promo come Canada Day 

Cmon Public, national calling

You can do it

The Canada day thing could happen.  It is a great opportunity to use a gimmick $150 price.  That would slot in a Canada wide calling feature nicely with 12 gigs of data.  Definitely not for me though.  I would not pay a wooden nickel to change from province wide calling to Canada wide calling.  I don't need it and it sends the wrong message to carriers to continue to try and flog long distance charges in an era where the term should be deprecated. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @will13am,

I agree.  This is an important point of discussion.  

I have not been told anything by PM yet.. but the logic seems to be that PM is pre-emptively targetting their main competitor with this promo. Freedom's parent company is ready to spend serious $$ to develop the network.  

I am sure there will be other promos that don't have this restriction.  A limited promo may also be a strategy to keep the volume manageable and prevent the long wait times that many new customers had to live with during last year's promo.  Better to test the system on a smaller scale and prevent the chaos.  

@will13am, I agree that this will alienate some current customers but I do also agree with @kav2001c that this could be a test to see how the fixes that have been applied are actually working for future promos.

I am hoping for something as well at Canada day but I am very happy with what I have now but would always switch to something that is even more suited for my needs

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@will13am I think you are right. 

I am pretty sure people will be rushing to freedom to temporary get a number and then port into PM to take advantage of this promo.  Why give freedom any business or make them popular, even for a temporary detour???

There is really no way of telling how many of these new PM customers were actually long term freedom customers and how many where just visiting to get this deal. 

If we are opening this promo, perhaps going with a wider approach and grab all customers from all carriers, including potential freedom customers would have been a better approach. 

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

I think it is more to limit system crash that happened back in fall

This is more of a test of promo and new fail safes

I am personally hoping for a much bigger promo come Canada Day 

Cmon Public, national calling

You can do it

Need Help? Let's chat.