cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe PM can have this - From Koodo

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Considering PM and Koodo's system is quite similar.

I've had a home phone with Koodo since 2015. When I first got it I had to call CS to disable voicemail.

Koodo home phone is basically a Koodo sim card for calling. No text no data.

Since Black Friday is currently going on I scheduled a call back from their loyalty department. Got my unlimited Canada Wide calling plan reduced from $20 to $10 per month.

Before people say oh it only works on the box. That is incorrect. I've tested the sim in my phone. I have also put my PM sim in the box. 

After the change of plan my voicemail reactivated.

I spoke to a rep and the first solution they provided me with was to disable people from leaving a voicemail.

Same instructions with Public Mobile but notice they have an option 5.

• Disable your Voicemail
  • Call your voicemail by holding the number 1 on your dial pad.
  • Select option 3 to “Manage your greetings”
  • Select option 4 to “Manage your Extended Absence Greeting”
  • Select option 5 to block callers from leaving a message after hearing the Extended Absence Greeting.

Option 5 disables people from actually leaving a voicemail. Wonder if PM can add that step?

Then I was transferred to the technical team at Koodo and it took 2 seconds for them to hit whatever button to completely turn off voicemail.

The tech even asked if I wanted my voicemail disabled on my cell number I have with them.

Since PM and Koodo are basically the same. I believe it would be beneficial if PM clients can call in and get their voicemail disabled also. It only makes sense.

Just my evening thoughts if PM reads this.

4 REPLIES 4

I think you can configure the "extended absence" to play your message then hang up (or return to menu) instead of taking a message.

Apparently you can *92 to activate voicemail and *93 to kill voicemail on Rogers, *94 to do other voicemail things. I don't know if that's supported by Telus.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you disabled your voice mail, other than if you take a really long time to get to the phone to answer it, what's the real benefit? It might block spam but would also block legit people trying to contact you ? I screen calls pretty hardcore and voicemail let's me know if I should care or block the caller without having to answer and talk to garbled telemarketers or robots even worse

I'm just not understanding the benefit, even if using as a home phone? Home phones have answering machines

PM would much more benefit from incorporating the function that koodo has where you have to press a number to leave a voicemail after the greeting so robots can't leave anything automatically. Not sure what this feature is called but maybe that's a way to go, a level of spam protection

@Anonymous  oh I probably should have tested PM before posting lol. I wasn't aware they had option 5. I've only read people replying to posts saying just do extended message or get it routed to fake number. Not do extended message then block people from leaving a message. May have read those posts wrong. My bad. But calling and getting it completely disabled would be better. Or opening a ticket like "port request" maybe "disable voicemail" would suffice. The option is clearly available. I did not have time to finish my sentence and the Koodo tech said "ya it's disabled try calling while we are on the phone". Seems like it would be faster than doing a port lol.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Um...PM has Option 5.

But yes several people have asked to be able to just to turn it off altogether. I'd also add to be able to let it ring longer than just 30 seconds. But I'm not sure that's possible in the cell world.

Need Help? Let's chat.