cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS taking too long to send and receive pictures

sapinna883
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined $15 monthly plan (with 250MB data) on Dec 24 2021.  On Dec 25, I tested with my other phone for the MMS (send and receive) and found the public mobile services is no good.  pictures need 8 min to 12 min to be received.  And the arrival of couple pictures doesn't come in the correct order.  But SMS works immediately without delay.

If this keeps going, I can't use public mobile services and need to find another provider..

Any staff can help ?

Happy Holiday !

19 REPLIES 19

Alexxja
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It took me 9 months to figure this one out : To send MMS text messages, your data needs to be turned on, but no data will be deducted from your account. This is the case with media, as well as long messages.

Naturally, the larger the image or video, the longer it'll take to send. Even over wifi (over chat app), this is not an instantaneous thing and can take a few minutes.

@computergeek541 wrote:

Yes, time of day can be of a great influence.  The data connection only works as fast as it can dependent on network conditions and can be greatly affected by how many people are using the service.  .

Hi @computergeek541 , true, SMS/MMS/Whatsapp around midnight new years always an issue.. .everyone sending Happy New Year.  🙂

@sapinna883 wrote:

Now is 7pm EST.  I tried again and it seems worked good.  Can I assume that time of the day makes big different ?  plus, is there any technical operation going on during De 24 /25 ?  

Yes, time of day can be of a great influence.  The data connection only works as fast as it can dependent on network conditions and can be greatly affected by how many people are using the service.  That's why I said to ensure that you're using the LTE network.  While LTE data speeds are throttled for those who have 3g price plans, I find that that LTE network still consistently provides better upload speeds.  Especially wnen you're sending outgoing MMS, that can be of a large difference.

@sapinna883 wrote:

Merry Xmas to you all.  I know everyone of you are helping the situation.  I tested 9-10 MMS (sent + received) with turning off wifi, so I can really test the public mobile data.  MMS shouldn't use data.  6-7 of MMS pictures sent ok but still needs 2-3 min to send off in the Dec 25 afternoon.  

Now is 7pm EST.  I tried again and it seems worked good.  Can I assume that time of the day makes big different ?  plus, is there any technical operation going on during De 24 /25 ?  

Happy Holiday !

Hi @sapinna883 , MMS just need data to turn on and use the Mobile network, so turning off Wifi would not make a difference.

I wouldn't say any particular time for MMS rush hours.  It probably just random.   Again, it is a send and receive.  It could also be traffic issue on the receiver side. 

If your test works well most the time, I wouldn't concern it too much.   But it constantly slower, then might need to look into it further.  Also, it could also be because of your current location only.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sapinna883 wrote:

Merry Xmas to you all.  I know everyone of you are helping the situation.  I tested 9-10 MMS (sent + received) with turning off wifi, so I can really test the public mobile data.  MMS shouldn't use data.  6-7 of MMS pictures sent ok but still needs 2-3 min to send off in the Dec 25 afternoon.  

Happy Holiday !

@sapinna883 

if you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..Happy Holiday.

sapinna883
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Happy Holiday !

No @Anonymous 

It's not "wrong". 

Sometimes it's just unnecessary.

Indeed there are times when an OP gives minimal information and giving every possible option may work. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @sapinna883   , try to send to different people in different providers.  Even try to send one in PM.   There is a chance it is problem on the receiving end as well.  Also, try to send when you are in a different places and see if there is any difference.    And try to send different time of the day.  

Also, how is your data speed?  reasonable speed?

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,

This isn't an APN issue. If it were, the MMS messages would not be received at all.

@computergeek541 

how? the MMS messages need some Data right and is not wrong if the check APN.

The MMS is working. That means that the settings are already correct.

@computergeek541 

ok,,, but if the OP check APN, is nothing wrong by that?

There is nothing wrong to check anything and everything on the phone.!!!  Nothing wrong to ask to check the phone case if you want to . 

The idea from @computergeek541 is that the APN has nothing wrong.  Of course, nothing wrong to check.  But if something is not wrong, you won't find anything wrong still even you check..  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS 

what i did any wrong?

@Anonymous 

I think folks here are just trying to assist in making responses more relevant to the question.

I'm not speaking for @computergeek541 in any way by offering this... just sharing observations.

😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This isn't an APN issue. If it were, the MMS messages would not be received at all.

@computergeek541 

@computergeek541 

ok,,, but if the OP check APN, is nothing wrong by that?

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 

@sapinna883 wrote:

I joined $15 monthly plan (with 250MB data) on Dec 24 2021.  On Dec 25, I tested with my other phone for the MMS (send and receive) and found the public mobile services is no good.  pictures need 8 min to 12 min to be received.  And the arrival of couple pictures doesn't come in the correct order.  But SMS works immediately without delay.

MMS is completely dependent on the mobile data connnection quality and speed.  MMS, by definition, does not use your home internet/Wi-Fi connection.  If you're on the HSPA network, I would suggest using the LTE network.  While, those on 3g plans can receive faster speeds while using the HSPA network, LTE is much more consistent and is somewhat less sensitive to environment conditions and is more bandwidth efficient.  It also consistently gives much better upload speeds for when you're sending. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sapinna883 wrote:

If this keeps going, I can't use public mobile services and need to find another provider..

Any staff can help ?

Happy Holiday !

@sapinna883 

Welcome and Happy Holidays!!

Make sure your DATA is enabled for MMS, which it sounds like it is if eventually something is sending.

Try a RESET of you NETWORK SETTINGS on your device.

iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

I also recommend if you have your CHAT FEATURES enabled to turn this feature off:

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sapinna883 

Try manually selecting 3G from network settings. 

Now try sending and receiving MMS messages again to see if you notice a difference.

@Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sapinna883 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet Wi-Fi is on is not going through the Picture or a video messaging, 

you have to do this to going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video messaging in world-wide,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

Need Help? Let's chat.