cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS not working on galaxy j3 prime

Jujube57
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have a galaxy j3 prime that refuses to send or recieve pictures and other MMS. I have data on, I have restarted the phone, I have added new APN settings, and none of it has worked. I'm beginning to think the phone is just too old and MMS is no longer supported, but I have no idea. Any help is appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7

@Jujube57 

Just go to Google Play Store and download the app so you can get free telephone service...doesn't cost you a penny or nickel.

Jujube57
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't use any of those messaging apps, so they're not installed. I have no idea 😞

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jujube57 

Most probably j3 prime is no longer supports MMS

Please fine the public mobile MMS update and list of supported devices 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/picture-messaging-updates

@slusagm wrote:

J3 is old, many carriers dropped support of older phone.  But it might still work

Try Reset All networks on the phone

Unfortunately, resetting those may cause the phone to revert to older APN settings that no longer work for MMS at Public Mobile.  On such devcies, the APN settings need to be manually changed to get MMS to work again.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

J3 is old, many carriers dropped support of older phone.  But it might still work

Try Reset All networks on the phone

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jujube57 

Does messaging app like WhatsApp or TextNow work on wifi?

@Jujube57 wrote:

Hi, I have a galaxy j3 prime that refuses to send or recieve pictures and other MMS. I have data on, I have restarted the phone, I have added new APN settings, and none of it has worked. I'm beginning to think the phone is just too old and MMS is no longer supported, but I have no idea. Any help is appreciated!

Being an older device, the J3 likely has outdated APN settings.  There are settings that used to work at Public Mobile but that no longer do. Please double check the settings again and compare to:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

In addition to the settings provided in the above link, you'll also want to make sure that he APN type is set to:  default,mms  

(no space after the comma)

Need Help? Let's chat.