cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS Picture messaging not working even after APN update, multiple support requests unanswered

andsoitgoes42
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

since posting, have confirmed a response from public mobile support, still not getting email notifications for some reason

—————-—————-—————-

Hello,

I don’t often message non iPhone users but I have recently since switching over to public and I’ve been unable to send or receive them. 

I’ve put in now multiple support requests, was unable to update the APN in my settings (my only option is personal hotspot)

Ive tried to use the unlockit link suggested in the public mobile help pages but that did not help. 

im frustrated that my support requests have gone ignored and I would like to get this resolved. 

can someone please help me out here or point me to where I can get someone to listen?

8 REPLIES 8

HI @andsoitgoes42 

i forgot , what phone you have? 

why don't you use whatsapp or those app to send pic? easier and much safer

I have a trick when I message them, I usually will include the answers to those question again just so they don't need to waste another message to ask me that

I always include:

1. account number
  2. last payment I made , date and amount
  3. credit card last 4 digits
  4. name on the account

andsoitgoes42

I keep going in circles and they are constantly switching agents who are unable to review past responses and keep asking me the same nonsense. 

daniinskii
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello there!

It's a problem on their side, this latest iOS update changes the carrier to Public Mobile 58.0 and that's where the problems are occurring. I checked it after a telus technician contacted me over phone and although he told me to follow some steps by baking up and resetting all my phone, still nothing changed and the problem continues ... then he told me that it is a problem on my device so I decided to check it by myself:

First I bought a new physical sim card (after asking for a refund) then once I received it: I checked again on my phone and the MMS still didn't work so I passed the sim card to my old phone an iPhone 11 (which was not up to date) then the mms worked. 

The carrier on that old phone was shown as Public Mobile 53.0. Then I proceeded to update iOS and once finished, changed to Public Mobile 58.0 as on my current phone and it stopped working as well 🤣.

I suspect that we are going to deal with this problem for some time until they update or do something and stop accusing our devices, remember that we can't even manually configure the APN or the port, etc etc... everything comes automatically from telus/public or whatever.

All the best!

hi @andsoitgoes42 so, agent replied but keep asking you to validate the account?? or you just have trouble submit ticket??

andsoitgoes42

yep I’m still in help limbo. 

I’ve had to confirm my info multiple times now I’m exhausted. 

I just want this fixed.  

daniinskii
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same here:

I switched to PM on the 15th, since then I have several problems… I still can't send MMS or not even text messages sometimes. Support team sent a ticket of my case to be attended by the technical team but it has already been more than 72 hours and they have not yet fixed anything.

Post cannot be closed,  but you can edit  the original.  Click on the circle beside the time on the upper right if you want.

andsoitgoes42

Never mind. This can be closed. I did see messages but for whatever reason I’m not getting email notifications and private messages don’t show up under the bell. Hopefully this is an easy fix but this post can be removed as I did have people reaching back out to me. 

Need Help? Let's chat.