Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty Rewards Cap?

_PAP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone, 

Is there a cap on the loyalty rewards?

I was told after the fifth year the loyalty rewards will not continue to apply a 1 dollar deduction to my bill.

Is this true?  

19 REPLIES 19

chlochlo333
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not sure why?

Yes, many seem to forget this.

AE_Collector

corryk2001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When you look at all the other suppliers they mostly penalize long-term clients by offering new clients bonuses not available to current clients. Public Mobile actually pays you for your loyalty. 5$ on a 30$ plan sounds great to me. And that is for just doing what you are doing anyway.

@computergeek541 

Then I suppose I was just unlucky.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

I understand what you are saying that it's possible to have additional amounts added to the current community reward purposely by public mobile. But none of the scenarios you have presented had one months reward added to the following months reward. I don't believe it's a bug but programmed that way to abide by the conditions listed in the help articles. But unlucky that I do agree with.....

except that I have received 2 month's worth of Community rewards credited for a 30 day renewal

@computergeek541 

I understand what you are saying that it's possible to have additional amounts added to the current community reward purposely by public mobile. But none of the scenarios you have presented had one months reward added to the following months reward. I don't believe it's a bug but programmed that way to abide by the conditions listed in the help articles. But unlucky that I do agree with.....

@darlicious wrote:

Actually the opposite happens as i experienced a year ago. My renewal occurred on Sept 7th. The August community rewards were added to accounts after that. Fast forward to October and the rewards were added to the accounts on the 6th of October. The $2 reward that I had recieved disappeared to be replaced with $10. The $2 was not reflected in my community rewards earned to date in my rewards section nor was it credited to my account in my payment history. It had just been replaced with my September reward amount of $10. After a two day battle with a moderator who had also quoted the help articles that a member cannot recieve more than one community reward in one calendar month I took the advice to seek a second opinion. I conceded victory to the first moderator and promptly opened another support request. I within 5 minutes of replying to my second request i had the $2 credited to my balance.

I've also had more than one reward in there before. They got added together. You got unlucky.

There were also a couple of time when Public Mobile either mistakenly paid the rewards out twice or they got paid out twice deliberately on one occassion to correct the fact that some deserving members were missed. This caused double rewards for many members. The rewards there also got added together.  There was even one time when people received rewards such a $30 which would only be possible if the reward allocation was done twice. This shows that a second reward does not (usually) and should not wipe out the previous amount there. If that happens, it's a bug.

@computergeek541 

As for Community rewards, it's actually possible to have $15 or $20 applied for that reward during a renewal. This is because renewal dates change. This is especially true if your renewals are happening close to the time that this reward is usually given out. Another factor is how the rewards aren't always allocated on the same day of each month.  If  the Community rewards are given out too late for a recent renewal but the rewards for the next month are given in time for the next, a member could possibly get Community rewards for both months applied to one renewal.

Actually the opposite happens as i experienced a year ago. My renewal occurred on Sept 7th. The August community rewards were added to accounts after that. Fast forward to October and the rewards were added to the accounts on the 6th of October. The $2 reward that I had recieved disappeared to be replaced with $10. The $2 was not reflected in my community rewards earned to date in my rewards section nor was it credited to my account in my payment history. It had just been replaced with my September reward amount of $10. After a two day battle with a moderator who had also quoted the help articles that a member cannot recieve more than one community reward in one calendar month I took the advice to seek a second opinion. I conceded victory to the first moderator and promptly opened another support request. I within 5 minutes of replying to my second request i had the $2 credited to my balance.

I strongly suspect should a members renewal happen at the same time community rewards are added to accounts and they are early or late compared to the month before the same issue will occur for them as it did for me. Thats also when i learned to take screenshots of my overview page when rewards are added and before and after renewal. Best to always have proof of your argument.

@Jb456 wrote:

@computergeek541  would person on below post been credited manually for the extra $15? To total $125.

Looking at the screenshot it seems like it would have been credited by the system?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/How-many-friends-did-you-guys-refer/td-p/4...

2ABDECF7-1961-4B51-A687-977DA79D7C38.png

The person would have only got a $110 credit for the refer-a-friend reward unless the customer made a request for the extra $15.  Unfortunatley, for a while now, moderators have had instructions to no longer grant this request.

@computergeek541  would person on below post been credited manually for the extra $15? To total $125.

Looking at the screenshot it seems like it would have been credited by the system?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/How-many-friends-did-you-guys-refer/td-p/4...

2ABDECF7-1961-4B51-A687-977DA79D7C38.png

@Korth wrote:

Total Rewards are apparently capped at a maximum of $132 per 30-day cycle (or $137 for Oracles), well in excess of PM's highest-cost plan.

$2 AutoPay, $5 for Loyalty, $110 for Referrals, $15 for Community (or $20 for Oracle).

You can stay with PM longer than 5 years and/or you can get more than 110 referrals (in theory, anyways) then collect the maximum Rewards for each, but these Reward values would not increase beyond their maxima.

The $110 for refer-a-friend rewards on a 30-day plan isn't a guess. It has been completely confirmed by Public Mobile. The system has never been able to pay out more than $110 for a 30-day plan for those referrals. It used to be that Public Mobile would manually credit the extra credits on top of those 110 referrals if a request was made, but moderators will no longer do that. Please note that the refer-a-friend credit limit for a 90-day plan is different and is less than 3 times that $110.

As for Community rewards, it's actually possible to have $15 or $20 applied for that reward during a renewal. This is because renewal dates change. This is especially true if your renewals are happening close to the time that this reward is usually given out. Another factor is how the rewards aren't always allocated on the same day of each month.  If  the Community rewards are given out too late for a recent renewal but the rewards for the next month are given in time for the next, a member could possibly get Community rewards for both months applied to one renewal.

Total Rewards are apparently capped at a maximum of $132 per 30-day cycle (or $137 for Oracles), well in excess of PM's highest-cost plan.

$2 AutoPay, $5 for Loyalty, $110 for Referrals, $15 for Community (or $20 for Oracle).

You can stay with PM longer than 5 years and/or you can get more than 110 referrals (in theory, anyways) then collect the maximum Rewards for each, but these Reward values would not increase beyond their maxima.

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

With the Loyalty rewards capped after 5Yrs with them, the other rewards still are possible.

Yes, it’s all in “the Wording”.

AE_Collector

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@_PAP wrote:

Hello everyone, 

I was told after the fifth year the loyalty rewards will not continue to apply a 1 dollar deduction to my bill.

Is this true?  

Partially right the max you can earn is $5/30 days but that maximum will continue to be taken off of your bill for as long as you are with PM.  The loyalty reward does not stop being deducted from your bill.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

BBC3B71F-C4E8-45B1-A5D6-7D60B9BA7F6B.jpeg

_PAP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@_PAP yes, 5$ max for a 30-day plan.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@_PAP wrote:

Hello everyone, 

Is this true?  

Limit is $5 on 30 day plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.