cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Phone

john9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello All/Moderator,

I LOST MY PHONE TODAY RATHER LOOKS LIKE STOLEN. I ALREADY REPORTED LOST/STOLEN WITH PUBLIC MOBILE. HOW DO I TRACE MY PHONE OR HOW CAN I BLACKLIST THE IMEI NUMBER SO THAT THE PHONE CANNOT BE USED AT ALL.

13 REPLIES 13

john9

Thanks and noted.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

John @john9 

Do you have these options on find my device?Screenshot_20190906_221848.jpg

If you're 100 percent sure you will NOT able to get your phone back you can do the erase device..

What happens is next time phone is turned on all your stuff will be wiped...do note however doing this means you will not be able to track your phone anymore it will be gone for good.

Screenshot_20190906_221916.jpg

john9

Thanks. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

To create a support ticket. Explain your issue to SIMON, the ? comment bubble in the bottom right.

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand you better. Answer his questions until you get to here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will take over your case and respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday to Friday: 8AM- midnight EST
Saturday and Sunday: 8AM- 10PM EST

@john9There is no way for end user track via IMEI, despite what shows like CSI etc depict. Do contact the moderators via SIMon and get them to black list the IMEI, however do not the blacklist only works in North America carriers only. If the phone get activated elsewhere the blacklist would work.

As for remote delete, first the phone has to ping back to Google or any other service you have enabled. As for extracing your information, it depends on the age / model and OS on your phone. Typically older Android phones, it is possible to extract information from it, it depends on the context. I recommend you take notes and enable appropriate service on your replacement phone.

@john9 wrote:

Thanks a lot. I already tried. Looks like the phone has been switched off.

@john9  you should unsuspend you phone and try again. Also try calling your phone.

john9

Thanks a Lot, I guess I will need to play the waiting game now.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

You'd have to wait for phone to be turned on again and connected to an internet source...then you'd be able to call it, send a text asking for them to contact you and also you should get an option to completely erase device so all your stuff on it is wiped from it.

john9

Thanks a lot. I already tried. Looks like the phone has been switched off.

john9

Thanks Daniel, I tried logging into email and the last location was noted 8 hrs ago around which time I lost my phone. The location is an multi complex apartment and unable to pin point the exact location. I reported to the building caretaker. Looks like the phone was switched off once it was stolen, How do I track it using IMEI or delete all my personal records/photos etc

That's cool. I did not know about that. Feel a little 8-bit right now. But thanks for the education!

@DanielleMarie wrote:

@john9 wrote:

Hello All/Moderator,

I LOST MY PHONE TODAY RATHER LOOKS LIKE STOLEN. I ALREADY REPORTED LOST/STOLEN WITH PUBLIC MOBILE. HOW DO I TRACE MY PHONE OR HOW CAN I BLACKLIST THE IMEI NUMBER SO THAT THE PHONE CANNOT BE USED AT ALL.

Is your phone using Android? You can try using https://myaccount.google.com/intro/find-your-phone

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you ever set up find my phone on a iPhone or find my device on an android?

If you did you could log into your email and try to track your phone. Hopefully person that stole it didn't turn it off 

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@john9 wrote:

Hello All/Moderator,

Is your phone using Android? You can try using https://myaccount.google.com/intro/find-your-phone

Need Help? Let's chat.