cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Phone

dbucek92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have lost my phone. I reported my phone stolen via my Public Mobile account but was still billed for service. I would like to set up a new phone (that is compatible with Public Mobile according to the IMEI number)-how can I do this and would my previous service I've paid for for this month be applicable if I add new phone to my account? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tokingc wrote:

I cannot get into my account or email linked to account and my phone is severly damaged. Help!!!

@tokingc unfortunately there's not much we can do for you.  You will probably need to reach out to the moderator team for help (details below).  Please try to be patient, they are very backlogged and operating on a 1-2 day turnaround time recently (and occasionally longer).

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tokingc

I cannot get into my account or email linked to account and my phone is severly damaged. Help!!!

@dbucek92 That is an unusual message. Are you sure that is the message when you reboot the phone with the SIM installed?

a) Enter network code >> locked phone. You will have no connection until it is unlocked.

b) Enter SIM PIN >>> SIM has been locked. If this one, you need a PUK from Public Mobile. See this Apple post: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201529

The definitive test: try your PM SIM in another UNLOCKED phone and any active SIM (except Bell/Virgin) in your phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SD08

Are you sure your friend had the phone unlocked?  That "SIM network unlock PIN" message normally means the phone is locked.  Just to be sure, do you have any other unlocked phone (a friend's maybe) that you can try your new SIM in?

If it's locked, I don't think your phone would meet the eligibility requirement for unlocking by PM, according to this article.   There are various unlocking services you can find by googling, for example: http://www.cellunlock.net/

dbucek92

It is asking me for a SIM network unlock PIN-is that something I have to purchase through Public Mobile? If it would work better for me to message the moderators directly in this clas let me know.

SD08

Try turning off the phone, remove the SIM for a minute, put it back in, then reboot the phone.

If that doesn't work, then have a moderator look at your account.

Click this Moderator_Team link to private message for assistance.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Include both your lost (if recorded previously) and new PM SIM card numbers, e-mail address and the phone number.

dbucek92

I did as suggested and resumed service then changed my SIM card. I tried making a call and the phone gave me a notification saying 'not registered on network.' Does it just take a while for the change to go through or is there something else I have to do? The phone is unlocked, I bought an older phone off of my friend (who had Bell as a provider if that makes any difference for troubleshooting). Any help would be appreciated!

dbucek92

Great, thank you!

SD08

With Public Mobile, phones are independent of accounts and plans.  You can change your phone anytime by popping your replacement PM SIM (they are $10 at Walmart) into a new phone, as long as it's unlocked and compatible.  FYI, the IMEI checker merely checks that the phone in question has not been lost /stolen.  When you get the replacement SIM, you simply go into your account to change the status back from lost to resume service, and also go to "Change SIM card."  As for the service time you've paid for, it runs down even if you've declared your phone lost.

Need Help? Let's chat.