cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance voice calling quality

tobias_c
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone have any issue with the call quality when making international calling?

I recently bought the 400mins long distance call add-on to make calls to Malaysia and US, and I found that my calls to Malaysia constantly having a delay but not to US. For example, when I say hello it will take about 2-3 seconds for the person on the other end to hear it. I tried to confirm this over Skype too.

I am just curious if this only happens to me.

10 REPLIES 10

Try your sim in different phone ask friend or family let see if it's a hardware issue if you still get same issues even in other phone then send a private msg to mod to find out the root cause for it why there's a delay in calls to Malaysia
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

tobias_c
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried calling different numbers on different carriers and also at a different time of the day but I still get the delay. Haven't had this problem when I was with Wind but I'm not trying to compare here. Just thought that there might be some settings that I can configure to improve the call quality.

Thanks to those that responded though!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @tobias_c!

I have used the 400 minute Long distance add-on to call 4 countires over the last year.  The experience isn't consistent.  Sometimes, the call quality is excellent.  Sometimes, its delayed.  Difficult to pinpoint an exact cause but sometimes hanging up and calling again helps me.  

Even if the long distance quality isnt the greatest, not sure there is much the moderators could do.  Generally long distance call quality isnt the greatest especially to some non major markets.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

Could the call quality issue be due to something on the Malysian end? 

It is probably this. When My parents called overseas there was always a delay (and they were calling from a landline). Maybe the signal isn't being traveled efficiently or delayed or aliens (sorry too much Xcom2)?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Could the call quality issue be due to something on the Malysian end? 

If you having issues with your long distance add on specially when you calling Malaysia you said its a bit poor reception but USA calling is smooth I would say send a msg to mod dept @Shazia_K with your account and phone number with detail problem they will look after you
Looks like add on in properly added to your account and as you said USA calling is good only issue with Malaysia then that can't be phone issue or setting issue I would get moderators involved to find a reason for having this issue
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Thx @NDesai for updating me I will remove my msg thanks

@Samianauman wrote:
I believe that long distance add on which you add 400 mins I think it's only for USA and Canada I don't know if you can use those to call Malaysia

No, 400min add-on is also for 18 long distance countries

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Wrong msg sorry
Need Help? Let's chat.