cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo porting

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

I just created my new number like it told me to.  What do I do now to port my Koodo account over to the simcard?

76 REPLIES 76

TP0703
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Check the 'I am authorized ...' box BEFORE selecting the 'Check eligibility' button

DavidNS

My recommendation is to change the email address associated wth your Public Mobile account.  I think that is easier to do.

Netcruzer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Didn't want to miss the promo so I hastily activated my new PM SIM tonight.  I chose a new phone number (temporarily) because I'm on Koodo.

I will want to port in my Koodo number within the next 3 days, but I did use the same email address for PM as my Koodo account uses.   Will the port fail if I leave both with the same email?  Or must I change my email address associated with my Koodo account first? (assuming I can change it). Thanks.

DavidNS

One other thing I forgot to mention (I will edit my other post too).  The email address you use to create your public mobile account should be different than your koodomobile account.  I haven't read through all the posts on this in the community on why you need to do this, but that is something I did which may explain why my port was seamless.

I suspect it has to do with koodo and PM both being owned by Telus.

DavidNS

No problem.  I hope I can help.

The PIN number I believe is the pin you would need if you talk to a rep to make changes to the account.  I had my phone set up so that if i checked voicemail from my phone no PIN was required, so I dont remember if that is a separate pin.

If you want to make absolutely sure that the PIN you need for porting is the correct one, you can go to your self-serve at koodomobile and change the PIN.  You wont need the pin for much longer anyway, but at least you will know that the PIN is right. 🙂

Good luck!

nkarp4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you so much for your reply. Just to clarify PIN# is the number I setup with Koodo to pickup voice mail, or is it the password I use for there website?

DavidNS

Something else I thought of... check and re-check that any information you provide (IMEI, PIN, etc) are correct.  If you arent sure of your PIN, go to koodomobile and change it so that you are sure what the PIN is.

DavidNS

Hi nkarp4,

It is important that you do not close your koodo account before starting the port.  If you did, you will have porting issues and possibly not be able to port your number at all.  PM will do all the work with respect to porting your number and closing your koodo account.

If you did not close your koodo account, I would suggest clearing your browser's cache and cookies and try again.  If that still doesn't work I would contact a moderator for assistance.  Don't wory though!  The good part about doing the method suggested is that you are registered for the promo plan and you won't lose it.

Good luck!

nkarp4

After step #2 I get this message "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance.".  And after reading through the community section I tried self serve on a different browser with the same message.

DavidNS

I am another success story porting from Koodo, thanks to doiuble checking the community before the port.

Here are the steps I did:

1) Create an account so that my SIM was registered.  I chose a public mobile phone number instead of doing the port straight away so that my account would be set up and established.  (EDIT- I also did NOT use the same email address to set up my PM account that I used with my Koodo account.  This is an important step that was covered in a few other posts I read on porting to PM.  Use a different email address with PM than you used with Koodo!!)

2) I then chose to change my number from my account menu options.  At that point I chose to port a number and per advice made sure the authorization box was checked before putting my phone number.

3) I was able to fill out all fields (IMEI, account, pin, etc) and submitted it.

4) I got a confirmation of port in about 45 seconds.  at that point, I shut my phone off, removed my koodo SIM, inserted my PM sim, and I was up and running.  I couldn't believe how easy it was.

This promo plan was awesome and I'm glad I got in under the wire.  As a just in case I bought 2 extra sims which I gave one to a coworker and one to my neighbour whose contract with another carrier is up in about 2 months.

Since my better half was arleady on PM i knew the call quality would be fine.  Thanks PM!!!

nkarp4

I have been waiting a week for my number to port from Koodo. I have tried the self serve system on multiple browsers. I tried the "get help" email system witch opened a ticket. I also pm'ed a moderator. I believe I tried all the options to resolve  the issues. What else can I do?

TP0703

TP0703
@Mary_M @Caroline_D @jeremy_M @Brooke_C

Hi,
I have ported from Koodo postpaid, and port is in stuck.
Koodo account is closed, but my PM is still the old PM phone number.
I already PMed Shazia..please help.
I need service with my Koodo phone number on Monday.
Thanks.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
That's great news,thanks for the update

nznz

thanks so much for the instructions!!!  helped me port my koodo number myself.  your warning that you must check the box (about being authorized) PRIOR to completing the info was the difference.  when i did it last, i got an error message.  

cheers!

Galaxy

Hi,

When I try to port my Koodo number, I am getting error message "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance."

Please advise.

Rockdaddy22
That's awesome news, thanks for the update 🙂

meza

Finally, it looks like I was able to port my number. Thanks @d4civan

What I did:

1. Click the checkbox that "I am authorized..."

2. Enter phone number and check eligibility

3. Fill out transfer form

4. Confirm

meza

@d4civan

Thanks! I tried it again and now I'm getting another error. When I enter my number and check eligibility, it gives me "Oh no! It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic." I'll try again tomorrow morning.

d4civan

Hi there, had the same issue but then I was doing something wrong. Corrected that and I was good.

"I hadn't ticked the checkbox that I was authorized before filling out the transfer form. If you fill out the form first and then tick the checkbox it gives an error."

meza

I need help as well!

After receiving my SIM and activating it with a new number, I wasn't able to port my number from Koodo. I followed the solution, but it shows "You must be authorized to transfer this phone number" and that's it.

I have submitted a support request on Wednesday last week, but have not heard anything yet. I guess they don't have enough hands to promise "you can expect a response within 48 hours."

What are my options here other than waiting? Thanks!

seen

Thanks to @hummuschips for saving me so much time and effort.  Didn't read community posts before setting up my account so I didn't know that I should use a different email.  Realized later reading posts there was a problem and the solution was to contact either Mary and Shazia.  They seemed quite busy and that was a week ago from now which is even closer to the end of the promo date. 

Thanks for the easy stepy by step instructions which I followed.  After hitting enter, it took about a minute, I turned to my cell and the Koodo sim already stopped working.  I changed over to my Public Mobile SIM and all is well!!

Thanks again!

hummuschips

@implode @d4civan I'm glad my thread was able to help you guys! 🙂

hummuschips

@slickkhan I think it's safest to activate a new number first.  Then you can go into self serve and attempt to port your number with the instructions on the first page.  Good luck!

d4civan

Hi - I was able to port over from Koodo without any problems.

I moved 2 numbers from my Koodo account, one directly without taking a new number. And another after I had taken a new number and then changing it to my Koodo number. So both ways work.

implode

Woot.  I tried to port over my Koodoo number due to this thread and I succeeded before moderator read my private message, so I deleted that private message.

slickkhan

@Shazia_K I am also trying to activate a new account and i am currently with kodoo. Do i need to activate a new number is pm and then port my existing number or can i just port over without activating a new number?

I have sent an email to the mods but have not heard back for a few days. please advise

Rockdaddy22
I know it's frustrating and I appreciate the humor. I do understand it's a very serious situation

stphnp

Thanks @hummuschips and @Rockdaddy22 !

Maybe the next week will show me that I don't even really really really really need cellular service. Anything can happen, I guess.

Rockdaddy22
I understand, but I want you to be happy in the future saving money with PM, let's see what happens in the next couple days.
Need Help? Let's chat.