cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo #port

Momphone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having the same issue as the previous poster. Trying to port 3 numbers from Koodo since yesterday. I have tried all the recommendations to no avail. Submitted several tickets and I also called the port team and was told that Koodo has not received a request to transfer. I am now effectively paying for 6 cellphone plans. Please help us out!!!

10 REPLIES 10

@Momphone wrote:

Thanks, when entering the info on the ticket request. Do they want the old Kodoo sim#  or the new Public Mobile one?

While SIM card number isn"t something that is sent to the old carrier, the ticketing process is asking for your Public Mobile SIM card number.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Momphone wrote:

Thanks, when entering the info on the ticket request. Do they want the old Kodoo sim#  or the new Public Mobile one?

As I said earlier.  You need to provider Koodo account number, name onf the Koodo account and the number to be ported.  Nothing else.  The more info you provider, there is more chance can go wrong with the extra info.

Momphone

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Momphone wrote:

I am having the same issue as the previous poster. Trying to port 3 numbers from Koodo since yesterday. I have tried all the recommendations to no avail. Submitted several tickets and I also called the port team and was told that Koodo has not received a request to transfer. I am now effectively paying for 6 cellphone plans. Please help us out!!!

You need to initiate port request with moderator before the Telus port team can help you on your port.  Moderator wait time is from couple of hours to couple of day or longer depending on the support tickets they have to working on.

Login to your self-serve account. If your Koodo number is showing on the "Plan and Add-ons" page.  PM port is already started.  It is the time to call Telus port team number **for help.  Make sure to leave your Koodo SIM in your phone to receive the port request confirmation text message.

1.  Create a moderator support ticket for help using https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.  Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - Use "Port Request" and provide your Koodo account number, the name on the Koodo account and the number to be ported to PM.

2.  Keep your Koodo account active and keep the Koodo SIM card in your phone.  Koodo will send your text message for you to confirm your port request before releasing your Koodo number to PM.

FYI  Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is from couple of hours to couple of days.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

Momphone

Thanks, requested porting several times last night and today. Called the porting line and Kodoo says they have not received a request for porting yet from PM.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

another poster has the same porting issue from Koodo.. look like really Koodo is the weakest link today

softech
Oracle
Oracle

when was the last time today you requested the porting?  The porting can take couple hours..which is normal.

Also, check with Koodo to see if their system has backlog

make sure you fill in the proper information, name, account number etc.

Porting hotline is your friend at the moment.. they can best advise you with the progress.. but it they say it is Koodo not process yet.. it's nothing PM can do. it's Koodo issue 

@Momphone  well unfortunately you will have to wait for them to get back to you.

All support at Public Mobile is all online.

The forums (that you are writing on) we are all customers like you trying to help out.

The moderators are the ones that work for Public Mobile. 

Sorry for the inconveniences this has caused you however they are the only ones that can help you.

Momphone

I have done so several times!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Momphone 

Click the chat bubble bottom right. When the chat bot opens type "PORT REQUEST" And follow the steps.

Need Help? Let's chat.