cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo Porting

pm1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I activated my Sim card, the on-screen instruction told me to start a new number first if I am porting from Koodo.

Now

my old Koodo number -- not working.

my new temporary Public number -- working.

Do I have to do anything to port my old number in?  Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@shanzaymian

I'm sorry but I sent you a reply earlier, 

Can you get back to me please? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

shanzaymian
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i tried and the wheel just keeps spinning and spinning @Shazia_K @Mary_M

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Have you tried porting the number yourself?

shanzaymian

@Mary_M Can you please switch me from my koodo account to public mobile... what info do you need. It has been weeks since i've been waiting... thank you in advance

shanzaymian

@Shazia_K I am having the same issue, please port my koodo number over to public mobile asap it has been 12 days now, public mobile gave me a new number but i want to keep my koodo number, please complete asap. Thank you in advance!

imm1304

Happy to hear that the port is complete, @aymanx

Welcome aboard!  

aymanx

Thank you @imm1304 

the key solution for that was checking the box for I am authorized before entering the number. 

I am all good now. 

Thanks a lot 🙂

imm1304

Hey @aymanx,

If you haven't already got a reply to your private message, I can help clarify any confusions about the required fields on the change number page.  

The alternate number can be any number where you can be reached at.  Most people enter home phone number or a family member's number. 

Also, click the checkbox that says "I am authorized"  first.  Then enter the number you want to port in and the account number and PIN and then submit.  It should only take a few minutes and the number will be ported over.  

aymanx

I activated a temporary new public mobile number earlier as I am planning to port my koodo number.

the publich mobile number is active now, but I couldn't figure out how to port my koodo number.

I tried to do it via change my number section of my account, but there is part of the form is confusing.

it ask to list the alternate number. I didn't know if the alternate number is my new public number or is it a number I can be reached at ?

I think that part need to be more explained so people can do the port easily.

but in either case, I am stuck now. what should I do? 

I sent private message to @Shazia_K but I don't know if she is available today to check my message. is there anyone else that can help ?

Thanks,

Ayman

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @koodoguy

I think I am already assisting you via Twitter 😉

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

koodoguy
Mary can I DM you my details too

koodoguy

Im having the same issue!!! Please help - logged a ticket via the Public Mobile site but REALLY need this pronto

imm1304
You're welcome. Super Mary will sort this out soon. Just make sure that your Koodo line is active and in good standing ...Koodo account will shut down automatically when number port is complete.

pm1

Hi Mary,

I have included the info now.

Thank you

pm1

Hi imm1304,

Thanks for your advice.  I didn't notice that Plans & Add-ons >> Change phone number until you told me.

However, I used the same Koodo email and Public email.  

Now I see Mary is here, maybe I will just message her and see how thing goes.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @pm1

I've received your private message but I'll need some more information.

Can you also include the phone number your are porting along with the Koodo account #, and your temporary PM phone number ?

I'll confirm once I have completed the port 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

imm1304

Hi @pm1!

So you have activated a new PM line with a new number.

Not sure why your Koodo number is not working.  You haven't submitted a port request yet, right?  If thats the case, your Koodo number should still be working.  

Do you have access to your PM account via selfserve?  Have you selected a different email from the one linked to your Koodo account?

If yes, you can go ahead and do the port request by yourself in selfserve:

Plans & Add-ons >> Change phone number

If you are not comfortable doing this, we can request a moderator to submit the port request on your behalf. 

Need Help? Let's chat.