cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo Migration odder eligibility

Lisaleung86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I recently heard about this promotion through a friend but I never received the text message myself. I’ve only been with PM since early August. I am on the $52 plan with 3GB LTE/ 30 days. Can anyone tell me why I wasn’t sent a text and therefore not eligible for the promotion to switch to Koodo? Thanks in advance!

16 REPLIES 16

justinbeaudoin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Even if they were guessing at numbers you can only guess wrong five times before Koodo blocks you for three days. It's fairly unlikely.

@stonechucker wrote:

@computergeek541, yes still on Fall Promo.  I unsubscribed, but I’m trying to subscribe again to the offers.  Did you do this?  

Wondering if I screwed myself on this, by unsubscribing.

I did unsubscribe, but I don't think that's it since it never made a difference before.  There's been talk about there being a more randpm aspect than previously.   What I can say for certain is that eligobolity is no longer solely based on the Public Mobile plan. No one really seems to know this time around.  Before anypne says someone used my phone number's eligibility, this is possible, but highly unlikely.  I don't usually give my phone number out that often, and people who have generally don't know, nor would they care which carrier that I am with. And, as for someone randomly going through blocks of known Public Mobile assigned block of numbers, I have a 416 area code number (an area code that I don't believe ever offered).

I did previously ordered Koodo for the 6GB $40 plan but changed my mind and cancelled.  That could be it, but who knows since my number remained eligible for the previous offer even after that.

@computergeek541, yes still on Fall Promo.  I unsubscribed, but I’m trying to subscribe again to the offers.  Did you do this?  

Wondering if I screwed myself on this, by unsubscribing.

@stonechucker wrote:

I've sent multiple 'offer' SMS messages to 5130.  I'm not getting them.

Only targetted users will get the promo notifications.

I'm not eligible for whatever random reason - but I'm on the same plans as others who are getting the offers.

You're sitll on Fall Promo, correct?  I am as well, and just as you, I'm not eligible.  The eligibility is a little odd this time around.

Pound

@stonechucker wrote:

I'm not eligible for whatever random reason - but I'm on the same plans as others who are getting the offers.

Let's hope for better promos real soon!

Pound

From all the posts I have read here and somewhere esle, I have to say it's a lottory draw. 

Different posts declare varied lengths being with PM before being offered the Koodo promo, from years to barely over or even less than a month. I've only seen one person presenting that they activated service with PM on August 19 and nonetheless received the offer, which was within a week's time. 

hxj140

To see offers available on your public mobile account, text the word OFFER to 5130.

I’m still texting offer.  Hoping with fingers crossed.  Still a few days to cancel my plan change.  Was hoping the future dating would help get the promo.

@stonechucker wrote:

@popping, where is this 120-day plan you and many others are speaking of?  LOL ... I know it's the 90-day Fall 2016 Promo, but it's amazing how many say it's 120-days.

I'm on that Promo.  I did not get the offer.   I unsubscribed from the texts previously, but have resubscribed since, hoping now that I might receive the offer.  I'm also (currently) future dating (again) the 4.5 GB for $45 plan, as that seems to also be targeted.  Hoping, fingers crossed, it happens (soon).

Try texting offer to 5130.  It does seem like most but not all 2016 fall promo customers got the offer.  I did, but can't leave for obvious reasons.  Polling the friends from work who are on the same promo, I counted 6 that got the offer and 1 that did not.  These people joined within weeks of me joining in late 2016.  For the person who did not get the offer, texting offer to 5130 returned nothing.  You just might be one of the unlucky ones.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stonechucker wrote:

@popping, where is this 120-day plan you and many others are speaking of?  LOL ... I know it's the 90-day Fall 2016 Promo, but it's amazing how many say it's 120-days.

I'm on that Promo.  I did not get the offer.   I unsubscribed from the texts previously, but have resubscribed since, hoping now that I might receive the offer.  I'm also (currently) future dating (again) the 4.5 GB for $45 plan, as that seems to also be targeted.  Hoping, fingers crossed, it happens (soon).

They seem to be targeting the $40 priced plans, not sure if the $45 plan will get the offer next round though.

@popping, I did indeed.  my number was not eligible.

Thinking back, I said I wouldn't leave Public Mobile, but the 5GB/$35 plan is full LTE and has more calling and texting that I'll ever need, and still no shock data.  Also, easier to pay than $120/90-day cycle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker

Sorry, I mean 90 days - not 120days  

Did you try your $120/12GB/90 days plan number with the current promo code?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Rumor has it.  The migration offer was sent to subscribers with the $40/4.5GB/30 days plan and the 2016 $120/12GB/90 days plan.. If this rumor is correct, they target for plans with $40 payment every 30 days.  Therefore, the $45 and $52 plans are out of luck.  YMMV. 

It may be just the luck of the draw.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lisaleung86

I signed up a week ago and I never got the offer either. I started with a $40/4.5GB plan and moved to a $45/5.5GB plan.

I heard someone at Koodo say it depends on how long you have been with Public Mobile so the older accounts get offers first. I have also heard that it depends on which plan you have since people on specific plans are bing targeted. However, some people in the same family and in the same plan don’t always receive the same offer if at all either. I’m not sure if anyone has the exact answer on how accounts are chosen for these special Koodo offers.

Need Help? Let's chat.