cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Promotional Plan After Absence

Kevin0115
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm going to the states to do a 4-month internship; they provide me with a work phone, so I won't be using my Public Mobile plan during that period. I'm currently on the $120 for 90 days plan with 12GB of data (promotional plan from last year), and have autopay enabled. I will obviously be disabling autopay when I leave for the states. Will I still be able to pick up my promotional plan when I return?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@makkahn28 Would be awesome if PM could allow accounts to go idle or a seasonal hold like what Koodo offers.

UNLESS PM puts in place a method that allows PM Clients to put A/C in Idle, & KRetain Promo, then You're better off paying the ONE Month to retain

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Agree with @kav2001c depends when your 90 day plan expires/renews.  

If your plan expires say April 2 but you leave march 6 you will be paying for one month but not using it  

What would suck is if you left march 6 but had to renew Feb 25.

I am doubtful it will even cost you a month (as some have suggested)

It totally depends on when you leave and when you have already paid up to

If you like post the dates and can see for sure

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Given the lack of promotions and the huge spike in prices since last year, paying $40 to keep the 2016 promo is worth it. 

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Essentially, it will cost you one month to keep your promotional plan.  You will have to pay for your 4th month away even though you won't actually be using the plan during that time.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Only if you renew within 90 days from my understanding.

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kevin0115

Per Public Mobile: 

"If you miss your payment due date, your account will be suspended for 90 days. During this 90-day period, you can make a payment anytime to resume your service before your account is completely deactivated. Your payment cycle will restart once your payment is received"

If you want to keep your phone number and promotional plan, you will need to reactivate your plan before the 90 day deadline as you are on a 4 month internship (more than 90 days). Make sure you reactivate a few days earlier (maybe on the 85th day to be safe), just in case.

Need Help? Let's chat.