cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just signed up

jgorman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
So signed up and ported. All went perfect. Took 20min.
My question did a speed test on lte and I'm getting 4.6mpbs.
Very slow. What do do?
Thanks
18 REPLIES 18

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's what I say ...as long as things are running ..I have no complains..

Thank you everyone for your input

jgorman
I'm in Welland

jgorman
Yes I'm on lte. But anyways I'm still happy. It seems to be smooth on data. Even with these speeds.

echf

Sounds like you are on the 3G network not LTE. Remeber to switch on LTE (Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options). The speed also really depends on your location.

BTW I usually gets 1-5 mbps with Wind, you are very lucky to get >10 mbps LOL

jgorman
I also have an iPhone and my speeds have only been 8-10mbps. That's slower than Wind. Not sure why

cheeseburger

For what it's worth I was also on Wind.

When I first ported over I was also getting bad speeds.

I am using a Samsung phone and had to manually select the proper carrier firmware to be able to use LTE B4 frequencies. This resulted in the phone being factory reset and the correct CSC being installed.

After the reset I was able to get LTE speeds. Perhaps there is something similar for Apple products? Although it may seem extreme you could try a factory reset.

username
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been experiecing the same thing. Signed up today, getting between 1~6 down and around 0.5 up on LTE.

hwli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You phone is good, but I am not familiar with Apple product.  

I found the below link for APN Settings for your reference.  

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/td-p/1610

I hope it helps.  Otherwise, I really think you should try at a different spot to test the different performance.

@ech_786  I do not think network crowding is an issue.  These networks are built with large over capacity for future expansion.

Plus very many of hte people switching to public mobile are coming from Telus or Koodo which are already on the same network.

jgorman
iPhone 6 Plus

hwli

Just making sure... Do you mind telling us what is your phone model?  This is the reason I am asking.  If you are using a Wind variant phone, it may not have the compatible LTE band.  

ech_786

I am thinking PM network is getting crowded ...and they need to know this ... if too many people are joining then they should make network more stronger.. this is what I am thinking .. .

jgorman
iPhone 6 Plus. My apn settings went in by themselves. Didn't have to do anything

jgorman
I should be fast. Right now I'm slower than I was with wind

hwli

If you are using a LTE enabled phone with the right LTE bands and assigned the APN correctly.  The only thing is left is your location.  You might want to try the service in other locations.

jgorman
St. Catharines are.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes it takes time for your phone to correctly adjust ot the network.  Mine did.

There is also a site out there that walks you through your APN settings for your particular phone.

ech_786

can you share if you live in remote city or in main city.

Need Help? Let's chat.