cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just renew my 90 days plan and ask to move to Koodo before Mar 15

luckiecookie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently on my 90 days ($120 90days 4gb plan). After 6 days of my plan renewal. I received a SMS to switch to Koodo for 40/month by Mar 15 or else the price will increase by $10 /30days. Is public mobile going to refund us between time port to Koodo and the end of the current cycle?

If not, it is clear that Telus/PM/Koodo is an unethical company because they say they are giving you 100 credit but in reality, they have already charged you for the "bonus"  (the maximum you save is probably less than $40 if you renew your PM plan slightly earlier). Since this is a black Friday deal, most of us probably just renewed our 90days plan. This didn't even consider the savings from loyalty, referral and auto-payment. 

I am a reasonable person and I understand that cost goes up (even though Canadian wireless cost is one of the most expensive countries in the world) but if Telus want us to switch to Koodo at least give us a 90-days to move koodo or refund us the unused contract. 

I am going to file a CCTS complain if I don't hear back from PM. 

9 REPLIES 9

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kanwrote:

pretty sure they have to send you a check for any remaining days you do not use when you port out of a carrier if you are pre paid.  

i ended up with a few cheque for a few dollars in the mail from wind mobile when i left them to this plan, it took like 3 or 4 months to show up.

This is incorrect.  For POSTpaid, you are entitled to a refund for unused time.  For PREpaid carriers (such as PM, but also all other prepaid carriers), you are not entitled to a refund for unused time.

kan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

pretty sure they have to send you a check for any remaining days you do not use when you port out of a carrier if you are pre paid.  

i ended up with a few cheque for a few dollars in the mail from wind mobile when i left them to this plan, it took like 3 or 4 months to show up.

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think there are 2 issues here.

1. PM is raising the price of the promotion.  Obviously customers aren't happy about it, but PM is allowed to do this.

2. Those who still have time left on their current cycle are being asked to switch to Koodo, but they won't get credit for their unused time left in PM.  I would consider this unfair, especially for those whose new billing cycle is only a few days old.  They are essentially being asked to give away $120.  It would be fair if these customers were allowed to switch to Koodo at the end of the their next billing cycle, not the earlier deadline of Mar15.

Hoping Telus isn't playing ANY games here, right now, I admit it's NOT Funny

NuXPeR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Exact same thing just happened to me. What happened to grandfathered rate plans? Public Mobile is falling apart! Clearly Telus wants everyone moved over to Koodo so they can shut this company down. I’ll be looking for a similar deal elsewhere. F#ck Telus and their sister companies!

ulovebass
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the txt today too.

I have no idea what they want to do.   

I paid 90day service + royalty + refferal bonus. but they gave us 30 day notice to change the plan and promo?

am I missing somthing??

ChrisKarv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same thing happened to me

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I just submitted a complaint to the CCTS online. 

It is VERY easy and only takes 7 minutes max.

http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

Need Help? Let's chat.