cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just activated, no service?

Xcurior
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have just activated my account with PM and sent an email about porting my number from PC Mobile. 

I'm not getting any service or data so far though; the APN is set up and from there I don't know where to go. In search of available networks, I'm only seeing 2G networks from other providers.

These kinds of things usually just worked for me, so I don't know what the problem could be. I assume because my phone worked fine with PC Mobile, that it's certainly compatible with PM.

Please help, thanks 🙂

EDIT::: I found the problem. My phone is dual sim compatible. Although I deactivated sim slot 1 and had PM's sim slot active, it was not set to the default sim. First time using a multi-sim slot phone.

Not sure how to remove my topic, but since it's already been seen, it might be of interest for future reference 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for merging, @imm1304--I was about to reply to the non-edited thread as I didn't know it was resolved.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

2 posts merged into 1 thread and marking as solved.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions or experience any errors with your service.   

imm1304

Hi @Xcurior!

Welcome to PM!

Glad to hear that the issue was related to the dual-sim and is resolved.

Xcurior
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have just activated my account with PM and sent an email about porting my number from PC Mobile. 

I'm not getting any service or data so far though; the APN is set up and from there I don't know where to go. In search of available networks, I'm only seeing 2G networks from other providers.

These kinds of things usually just worked for me, so I don't know what the problem could be. I assume because my phone worked fine with PC Mobile, that it's certainly compatible with PM.

Please helpl, thanks 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.