cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's good to be back

ben10nnery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yesterday I brought my number back to PM. I had to switch to one of the other carriers which I'll keep nameless for work. Now that is over. Let's just say I'm happy to be back and not on one of the big three's rip off plans!

The process took about two minutes and went through without a hitch, so it looks like things have been shored up in the back end since the first time I activated, which was interesting to say the least haha. Kudos to the support team here for making the experience pretty much painless!

I'm happy to be back and to help out in the community when I can. I like the paying first model. Never have to worry about a bill!

10 REPLIES 10

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome back to the PM family!

chosni
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Right on! I just set up my account and it was very quick and easy! Welcome back 🙂

Quest

@ben10nnery

That is true but I would still reserve this word for something serious. Smiley Sad Many people are really ripped off in this world whether they like it or not. Smiley Sad You can still give up your mobile phone in order not to be ripped off, they can do nothing. Smiley Sad

ben10nnery

Rip off is so many less syllables though, haha.

Quest

@ben10nnery wrote:

Take a gander at the Saskatchewan plans from the big 3 versus the ones they offer for the rest of Canada because of the strong competition in the province. You may be singing a different tune after. Smiley Tongue

@ben10nnery The key word is strong competition. Unfortunately there is non. Do you think seriously that I am even for a moment implying that the big 3s have pure intentions here? Of course not. What I think that every innovation or decision that PM is making or have made in the past is not random and require some form of approval from Telus. I would even go further and say it is strictly coordinated. But sometimes things can go out of control.  After all PM is not here to compete with Telus or Koodo that is why when they bleed to many customers from Koodo or Telus it comes the balancing act called: pay $3 or switch to Koodo.

So, I would say strategies in order to maximizing profit instead of rip-off would be better choice of words lol Smiley Happy

ben10nnery

Take a gander at the Saskatchewan plans from the big 3 versus the ones they offer for the rest of Canada because of the strong competition in the province. You may be singing a different tune after. Smiley Tongue

Quest

@ben10nnery wrote:

...Yesterday I brought my number back to PM. I had to switch to one of the other carriers which I'll keep nameless for work. Now that is over. Let's just say I'm happy to be back and not on one of the big three's rip off plans!...

Hey @ben10nnery we are glad that you came back.

I think that the one of the big three's plans are not rip-off plans. They are different and their business model give more benefits to its customers but at the same time it is costly so in return users have to cover the cost.

I am mentioning that because PM is a part of Telus family and all the users are part of, not only the same network but, part of the same family. And it is the same with other networks as well.

You have to remember that PM can innovate so much and bring cost down only because Telus allows them to do so.

Let's not use such a strong word like a rip-off here. There are people that still like to be with Telus some with Koodo and some with Rogers in spite of the higher cost but for those they don't want to pay more Public Mobile is waiting with an Open Arms.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @ben10nnery,

Thank you for sharing such a positive experience! We're really glad to hear that your activation and port went through smoothly =D

Welcome back to PM!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Welcome back good to hear that
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Welcome back.  Glad it was a painless transition.

Need Help? Let's chat.