cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues porting from PM to Telus

dennissartor58
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm try to port my PM number to Telus.  When I provide the Telus rep with the account number shown on the PM My Account page in order to submit the request he;s getting an invalid account number.  What could the issue be?

Regards,

Dennis Sartor

14 REPLIES 14

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@dennissartor58, thank you for reaching out to us! Please check your inbox, I just sent you a private message.

Happy new year to everyone 🙂

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

all you need phone number, account and address, you good to go, Telus have better deal than PM now ? Hmmmm !!!

Garry
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try porting without entering a pin#......Worked for me porting out to Koodo. Good luck.

@dennissartor58 wrote:

Thanks @will13am.  I gave the rep acct#, IMEI, pin, phone#.  Unfortunately I'm at the mercy of the other guy on the keyboard.  

Maybe it's time to talk to a different person.  If Public Mobile can do ports using IMEI, surely other carriers call also.  

dennissartor58

Thanks @will13am.  I gave the rep acct#, IMEI, pin, phone#.  Unfortunately I'm at the mercy of the other guy on the keyboard.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Will Telus accept a port using other credentials like Public Mobile?  Can they use IMEI and account PIN number?

dennissartor58

Will do.  Thanks.  Happy New Year!

@dennissartor58 if you need mods to look into your account and sort it out then please send a private message to @CS_Agent. In your message, please include:

- explaination of your issue 

- your account number 

- your phone number

- you account email address and 

- your account PIN. 

Since this is the new year eve, the mods may have gone home or partying for the night so you may have to wait patiently for a response until tomorrow. 

dennissartor58

I'm thinking the same thing but unfortunately, I've gone through Telus My Account (old/new) and cannot find the option to initiate it myself.

The port is initiated from the side that is porting in your number. 

Also so in your port request are they using the account name as entered in your PM account?

if you have access to your Telus online account now, can you try it yourself, maybe the Telus agent is not copying and pasting your account number or account name correctly?

dennissartor58

Yes, I sent him exactly what I saw on the My Account page and confirmed with him, just numbers, no dashes, etc a few times.  It came back as invalid account number.  Is it possible to initiate the port from the PM side becasue I really do not know what else to do.  I'm somewhat at the mercy of someone else at the other end on a keyboard.

Did you just copy paste the PM account number and send it to telus to try?

please make sure that your PM account number and account name shown in your PM online account are entered exactly same in the port request at telus. 

You may want to remove any dashes or hyphens from your account number. 

dennissartor58

Hi Mana.  Yes.  It is currently active with $0 balance.  Next billing is Jan 8.  The number is active as well.  Dennis

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@dennissartor58 Is your PM account is still active in good standing?

in order to port out your number, your Pm account needs to be active and in good standing. 

Need Help? Let's chat.