cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this message SPAM ?

ohitora
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Almost daily I keep on getting the following message which I’m cut and pasting below – Is this SCAM or what because I have never complained about my BELL FIBE TV service.

Public Mobile here. Unresolved complaint about telecom or residential TV service? CCTS may be able to help. 1-888-221-1687 or www.ccts-cprst.ca. Free msg.

7 REPLIES 7

I’ve future dated for a 30 day plan, still mid cycle on my 90 day plan.

previously, I’ve looked back, and it’s been about 3 -r month intervals.  I made my plan change just a week ago ... I wonder if the 30 day plans get it every cycle?  90 day seems 1 per cycle.

Note... PM Is forced to notify you of this message.  As they don’t send you paper or electronic bills, SMS is really the only option.

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

I seem to receive this every couple of months on average.  Take it in stride, don't blow a blood vessel unless you have a $10 limited usage plan. 

I thought it was only the outgoing texts that got counted on that plan?

I considered it to be "mandated spam".  The message itself is legitimate, but I feel that there really is zero reason for Public Mobile to send this message to customers every few months (other than that they have to remind people because of a rule).  On modern smartphones, the messages can easily be blocked.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I seem to receive this every couple of months on average.  Take it in stride, don't blow a blood vessel unless you have a $10 limited usage plan. 

Hehe spam Cat LOL

As others say, it FEELS like spam but it is a legal requirement hence the messages (usually monthly or quarterly though; daily is a new one to me)

adil-5aar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

if you have never complained just ignor it and mark it as spam ..

thats it  Smiley Very Happy

u can mark it as spam in your email and u will not got it in your mail received box

have a nice day

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@ohitora wrote:

Almost daily I keep on getting the following message which I’m cut and pasting below – Is this SCAM or what because I have never complained about my BELL FIBE TV service.

Public Mobile here. Unresolved complaint about telecom or residential TV service? CCTS may be able to help. 1-888-221-1687 or www.ccts-cprst.ca. Free msg.

I feel like its spam, but apparently it is technically not spam 😞 Although almost "daily" would be a major concern for me, I would suggest contacting a higher up, like the moderator team to give them a chance to fix this error since it should be closer to 4 times a year.

I have complained about this exact same message in the past, but apparently they are legally required to send that message despite my (and many other people) feeling like its spam.

Need Help? Let's chat.