cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the plan change on next renewal date to a lower priced plan bug fixed yet?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I am currently on $45 6GB plan.  I am planing to change my plan to the new today $40 5GB plan.  My payment due date is Nov 23.  Renewal date is Nov 24.

Is the plan change on next renewal date to a lower priced plan bug fixed yet?

Please let me know what happened if you did a plan change on next renewal date to a lower priced plan recently?  

Option 1:

I know I can change my plan a day early.  But I read some post that my rewards may not be applied to early plan change.  It is not fair that I have to wait another 30 days cycle before receiving my rewards.

Option 2:

IIRC, the renewal fails because PM computer is still looking for $45(old plan) on the renewal date.  But the autopay gets only $40(new plan) from my cc.  My renewal will fail and ended up in suspension.  With account in suspension, I cannot use the lost/stolen phone trick to get my service back without waiting for 72 hours or more for moderator.

I can add fund to my account now so that the (available fund + my rewards) = $45 or more.

Will this approch work?

10 REPLIES 10

raghu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for informing how I can change plan when I return.

Raghu

@Rache115, the Special Offers at the top of the plan selector in self-serve as described by the previous post by the moderator are what you want to look for.

Use the "next renewal" option so you do not pay today, but when it renews.  If you use immediately, it will charge you now at full cost.

I really wish Moderator_Team would explain this in detail, as newer customers do not know all the facts without first reading a lot of detail.

I hope this helps you!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi 🙂 Thank you for reaching out to us and we will be more than happy to assist you 🙂

You can always setup a new plan for you next renewal date just like that:

1-Log in at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/.
2-On the Overview, click Change Plan.
3-Select a Day Pass and plan options for each type of usage. 
4-Submit the order effective immediately OR ***at the start of your next billing cycle date***

-Public Mobile Team

Rache115
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do we change plans on here? 

I’m interested in the $40 5 gigs for me ... currently I’m $40 4.5 gigs

and changing my kids to the $45 6.5 gigs ... they currently have only 6 gigs for $45 

popping

Thank everyone who provided your recent experience with the plan change to a lower priced plan.  

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@smp99 wrote:

Last month I specifically tested this out. I had a temp line and I downgraded to the$10 plan. Kept autopay enabled and used option to renew at next renewal date. I was convinced it would drop into suspense. 

Everything went fine. 

@smp99 Good to know that this worked okay. Toying with downgrading my kid's plan but wasn't sure if it would work (Or even if I want to do it yet. More data, less data? Aargh, too many choices...)

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Last month I specifically tested this out. I had a temp line and I downgraded to the$10 plan. Kept autopay enabled and used option to renew at next renewal date. I was convinced it would drop into suspense. 

Everything went fine. 

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's also unclear what proportion of downgrades get affected by this glitch.  I changed to a cheaper plan using future-date a couple months ago, with autopay enabled, and it went through without any issues.

popping

@Anonymous wrote:

@popping

I was successful in changing from higher to lower for future. No autopay at the time though so that's a difference in my case.

Thanks for the info.

My option 2 will work if I add fund to my account before the renewal date..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping

I was successful in changing from higher to lower for future. No autopay at the time though so that's a difference in my case.

Need Help? Let's chat.