cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM card

LilyBeautiful
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried ordering a $15 plan but was logged out before getting a confirmation of the transaction. Tried to repeat the process but now the system now says that the SIM card is invalid. Arghhh!

5 REPLIES 5

LilyBeautiful

Crappy system. Cleared cookies and tried to relog and the system does not recognize my email. Tried signing up to a new plan and the system says that the SIM card is invalid. What a waist of time.

LilyBeautiful

Inserted SIM card and the phone does not recognize the 4-digit password I had saved when I registered on the web.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@LilyBeautiful wrote:

Tried ordering a $15 plan but was logged out before getting a confirmation of the transaction. Tried to repeat the process but now the system now says that the SIM card is invalid. Arghhh!

As long aa the activation didn't complete, it should be ok. Try again later. If it did complete if you clicked on ok to charge payment, try the sim card in the phone to see if it works.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@LilyBeautiful  Also, depending on what moment it failed, make sure the sim card is not currently activated, stick it in your phone and check for your billing method being charged. If it was charged and if it does work go here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@LilyBeautiful wrote:

That sim card is locked in a previous activation, this is normal. Clear your cache/browsing history remove all cookies associated with activate.publicmobile* and try another browser / disable add-ons / private browsing / incognito. If you are using safari / cell phone go to a real computer and if all that fails, wait an hour and try again.

If nothing ends up helping, I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message. and explaining to them your issue, but it is more than likely the above steps will solve your issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.