cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM card number

flipgateau
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a SIM card from Public Mobile.  When I tried to activate it (twice) today (Aug. 26) I received an invalid SIM card number message.  I checked and double checked and I believe the number is correct.  Could it be an issue with trying to activate it using Microsoft Edge?  What can I do?  Please help.

4 REPLIES 4

flipgateau

I will follow your advice.  Thanks.

flipgateau

I did not get past the first page, so I did not enter any credit card info.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@flipgateau wait 50 minutes from last attempt, clear your browser history,  go to private/ incognito mode and try again to activate your SIM.  If this fails you may have a SIM already in use. Contact the moderators and ask them to check it for you.  

• send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@flipgateau wrote:

I bought a SIM card from Public Mobile.  When I tried to activate it (twice) today (Aug. 26) I received an invalid SIM card number message.  I checked and double checked and I believe the number is correct.  Could it be an issue with trying to activate it using Microsoft Edge?  What can I do?  Please help.

Hi @flipgateau ,

You may have timed out; you only have a certain amount of time to complete the registration process. 

Try clearing your cache and try again in 1 hour.

Was your credit card charged, if so see if you have services. 

If it was not charged, try again in an hour. The system is finicky that way.

You can also try by opening a tab in incognito mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.