cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM Error on iPhone SE

KB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, how do I get someone to check the status of my Public Mobile account to see if my SIM is still active / valid? In the last day, I randomly received an "Invalid SIM" error on my iPhone SE. The phone has the latest iOS installed. I have rebooted the phone and also removed the SIM card, rebooted, and then re-inserted the card. Upon doing this, the phone connects to the Public Mobile network for a couple of minutes and then the invalid SIM error message pops back up again.

I'm trying to figure out where the issue is, whether it's with my phone or my actual SIM card. Looking for someone to help rule out the SIM card / issues on the Public Mobile side.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Glad you got it going

I would order another sim and keep as a backup. I replaced my wife’s sim in her iPhone SE about a year ago. Same message as you. It would just show missing or not valid. I replaced it the sim with an inactivated one and it has worked fine ever since 

KB

Thanks for this. After several attempts of rebooting and cleaning the card, things got back up and running. Not sure how the card would have gotten dirty or compromized since the phone is kept clean and in a case, but hopefully this helps someone else as well!

bellamia

I would try checking to make sure your phone is not become unresponsive to the card. How old is your phone? I don't think this would be caused by PM. My guess is the phone is to blame! You could try putting your SIM card in another phone? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@KB, are you a legacy customer?  If you are, I think you still have call center support.  If not, you should be able to login to your self serve account and check account status.  If the account is suspended, that will obviously affect your service.  SIM cards are really robust, they don't just fail spuriously.  It could be the phone failing.  Do you have access to another phone to test out the SIM card?

Do you have an old phone or borrow a phone from friend and family member?  Try your SIM card in another phone.  Or the other way around, put somebody else SIM card into your iphone to see if that works.

Did you sign in to self-service to make sure account is active?  

Those are my ideas...  sorry not a tech whizz.. Smiley Happy

KB

Thanks for the reply! I should have also noted that I have been with PM with the same SIM card for two years. This is not a new phone or a new SIM, and I've never previously had any problems. The SIM card fits properly and is clean.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Is your SIM card smaller than the iPhone SIM tray?

If yes, your SIM may move around on your iPhone SIM tray to cause the error.

Take your SIM card out.  Use a pencil eraser to clean the contacts on your SIM card.  This may help if your SIM card is dirty.

Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.