cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Calling Add-on

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I hope PM will soon expand an internation calling add-on to more countries than just 18 countries for now. Does anyone know how to make this request to Mods? Do we need to vote for that to make it happen or any ideas? I'm really interested about World Saver Add-on from Freedom Mobile they have international calling more than 200 countries. https://www.freedommobile.ca/network-and-coverage/international-calling

6 REPLIES 6

@dwadke wrote:

Hi Public Mobile,

It is time to notice the competition and introduce World Roamng add ons like Freedom Mobile and others have. You are losing out $$$$ by not soing so!

I don't disagree, and surely Telus already has roaming agreements in place with most carriers worldwide, but I would say before introducing any such option, Public Mobile needs to first make sure that no text messaging bug (or any other type of system strangeness) will occur.

@dwadke wrote:

Hi Public Mobile,

It is time to notice the competition and introduce World Roamng add ons like Freedom Mobile and others have. You are losing out $$$$ by not soing so!

The only Roaming add-on is for use while in USA for 10 days. I think there are sim cards that can be purchased and will work internationally...a quick gogle search would help sort that out. Would be nice if PM had something like that alright.

dwadke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Public Mobile,

@will13am wrote:

As mentioned, there used to be a labs forum where customers can make suggestions.  Due to the lack of controls placed on the suggestions, too many ideas many of which were pie in the sky resulted in the system being shut down.  There is no official replacement at the moment.  You can comment in this forum and it obviously be noticed by decision makers.  However, recognize that neither the lab forum or discussions in this forum are actionable. 

I always tell people to buy the product as you see it on the shelf.  Don't buy it hoping that it will morph into something else.

yes i feel you

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

As mentioned, there used to be a labs forum where customers can make suggestions.  Due to the lack of controls placed on the suggestions, too many ideas many of which were pie in the sky resulted in the system being shut down.  There is no official replacement at the moment.  You can comment in this forum and it obviously be noticed by decision makers.  However, recognize that neither the lab forum or discussions in this forum are actionable. 

I always tell people to buy the product as you see it on the shelf.  Don't buy it hoping that it will morph into something else.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

People tried when Public Lab section was open and i don't think it was even marked as "thinking about it". Since the launch, they have not added a single country to the list, so chances are, this will not happen anytime soon. 

Need Help? Let's chat.