cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect data reporting?

orsetta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received a notice on 20 Oct. that I'd used 95% of my 200 MB data. This has to be a mistake. Since my autopay date (9 Oct), I had turned cellular off most of the time until the 20th, and my data report shows that I'd used only 33MB of data up to and including that date. How can I get an accurate report?

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LitonoI believe that occasionally PM sends out erroneous usage notifications.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Litono

I am using ios, my plan has 1GB, reporting 75%, actual usage when logged in was 374MB

Litono

Thank you for your reply, I have logged in my account after receiving the sms, the actual data usage has shown much lower than what was reported from public mobile sms

srlawren

@orsetta wrote:

I use iPhone.

@orsetta if you haven't already, please make sure you turn off the "wi-fi assist" feature.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@orsetta wrote:

My phone's data history showed 33MB used of 200. I use iPhone.

I'll try one of the data apps. Thanks.

Could you post a screenshot of your overview page so we can see what's going on there. Blank out personal info of course.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That doesn't sound good @orsetta

It might take a little bit of investigative work.

Like @mimmo and @Gonzo suggested, checking your self serve account and using an app tracking software in tandem is your best bet at finding out where your data went.

If you check the self serve account and go to Plan and Add-Ons and Check your Data usage, you might be able to piece together what was happening on that day or when it says you used the data. If you aren't able to figure out, there could definitely be some apps or services running on your phone that is leaking data.

Are you using an iOS phone or Android? There are recommended apps for both.

orsetta

My phone's data history showed 33MB used of 200. I use iPhone.

I'll try one of the data apps. Thanks.

mimmo

What does your phones data history show? Are you using iPhone or Android?

Data witness pm or my data manager are great app to track data and give you better breakdowns than the operating system

Gonzo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It is possible that your phone used up data in the background whenever you turned it on.

Need Help? Let's chat.