cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls not working

Sal1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, new to this provider.  Didnt have previous carriers acct number when i set this up to port my pphone number.  Wondering how to get hold of moderator in order to get my number ported properly.

10 REPLIES 10

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sal1 wrote:

Thanks for replying, I am porting from Chatr, didnt have Chatr account number when i signed up at London Drugs so I think I have to give Public that number now that i have it.  Its just complicated for me on line as I'm not tech savy.....

Chatr online does not give your your account number and you need to call them to get your account number.

If you are still trying to get hold of moderator, your can try my procedure below:  I got a reply from moderator within 2 hours yesterday.  But your response may vary depending how busy they are.  YMMV.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

Sal1

Thank you for the links...I've filled out a ticket...fingers crossed they get back to me....

Sal1

Thanks...no from Chatr...had to call to get acct number....they were closed, back east, now i have the acct number but how do i give it to Public....everything works except receiving calls. Have submitted a ticket...hope that works...

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Sal1 

Did you already initiate the port?

Welcome to public mobile

Sal1

Thanks for replying, I am porting from Chatr, didnt have Chatr account number when i signed up at London Drugs so I think I have to give Public that number now that i have it.  Its just complicated for me on line as I'm not tech savy.....

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just to add to what ddeep says, Bell/Virgin also uses the phone number as the account number.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Sal1 wrote:

Hi, new to this provider.  Didnt have previous carriers acct number when i set this up to port my pphone number.  Wondering how to get hold of moderator in order to get my number ported properly.

Hello @Sal1 , are you porting your number from speak out?

If you are porting your number from speakout  >>>READ THIS<<< Post.

Cheers

In the meantime @Sal1  Insert your previous providers SIM and use it to receive call sand texts. Download a voip app such as TextNow and use it over WiFi to make/ recieve/ send calls and texts free.

Sal1

Thank you, I will give that a try....

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sal1 wrote:

@Sal1 

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.