cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming call and text still going to Lucky mobile after 2 days of porting to Public mobile

nlakhani
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported my number 2 days back to Public mobile from lucky mobile (bell service) however my incoming calls and texts are still going to old lucky mobile. I PM to moderator yesterday however no response from them yet.

Any guidance? or did I make mistake moving to Public mobile?

10 REPLIES 10

nlakhani

Not yet, today is fourth day since I first messeged them. I feel stupid being moved to such a bad provider.

lucasabourque
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hmmm. That's strange. Did you get a message from Public Mobile stating that your number has been ported successfully?

nlakhani

@CS_Agent hope you guys are listening. its been 4 days I ported from Lucky mobile and 3rd day since I have been messeging you daily.

nlakhani

Its been 3rd day today and already 3 messeges went to moderator (1 messege per day). No response and no updates.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nlakhani wrote:

Its still a week+ to get Lucky plan expired

Ok perfect that gives plenty of time to fix the port. It would have been an issue if say it was tomorrow.

@nlakhani wrote:

If your old sim is still working you can continue to use it until it stops working. Then you will know the port is complete.

nlakhani

mimmo

@nlakhani when does your lucky plan expire, you need an active number for ports to happen.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@nlakhani wrote:

I ported my number 2 days back to Public mobile from lucky mobile (bell service) however my incoming calls and texts are still going to old lucky mobile. I PM to moderator yesterday however no response from them yet.

Any guidance? or did I make mistake moving to Public mobile?

Looks like your port has been stuck.  As you have already messaged the moderators you will just need to wait for their reply which unfortunately is around 48 hours.  In the meantime I would put your Lucky Mobile SIM back in your phone and use that until it stops working as it will still be fully functional.  Once it stops your port has been completed

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo

No mistake.yu have a stuck port, probably an input error with porting info.  Mods reply 48+ hours. In you message to them, did you  include porting info. See below.

Also just use you lucky number till port completes.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.