cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought it was a GLITCH

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

The whole time I thought it was a glitch that when you used up all of your data that it was removed from the selfserve screen but what do you know if I actually read stuff I would have found out that is by design and the way PM has intended on how it is to be dealt with.

Addon.PNG

As your plan data is treated as an addon this would explain why it will no longer appear in your self serve.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 I can't speak for the whole group of us* but I know personally I try to advocate for the community as best as I can, for the issues I see as important or have high impact.  This is definitely on my list, along with a few other burning issues I'd like to see addressed sooner than later.

* I sort of can, as I see my fellow oracles doing this on a regular basis also! I just don't want to literally speak for them.  But yes we've all got your back.  😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren, yes totally agree even if it is working as designed this needs to be looked at.  I thank the Oracles for making the push through your channels and hopefully this is something that can get fixed.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 while you're right that it's actually working as designed and therefore not actually a glitch or error, it's very very clear that this design is very very flawed.  Just look around the community where you will see this questions come up over and over again:  how come my data stopped working?  why can't I see my data amount?  my calls and texts work but my data stopped suddenly?  etc.  

On that note, the oracles have driven this message home to PM staff that this needs to be fixed.  I have zero info on time lines but they are aware of it and hopefully working on addressing it sooner than later.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Yep I noticed its been like that for quite a while but would be great if they fix it lots of new op doesn't know if its a error or getting a free unlimited data deal and they use all there data so quick then they suffer after a while when they find out no more data left but its bit late for them i guess
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@SamianaumanIt has this wording issue for a while.  It is probably on low priority on fixing it.

But even though its showing as a add-on but why does it says remaining unlimited?
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ShawnC13, great sleuthing!  I would never have stumbled upon this one.  I have always been curious as to why the usage history tab shows day by day data usage but with no summation.  So the summation is in the addon usage tab.  I just checked my usage history and noticed an error affecting calling minutes, not that it matters.  I had a call on this past Saturday that was logged at 8 minutes, 6 seconds.  The call was much longer than that.  I wonder if the dial around that google does for me may have something to do with it.  The connection is to a local 647 number though. 

Need Help? Let's chat.