cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I made a Google Doc to help my family members switch (or consider switching) to Public Mobile

itsakev
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I thought I'd share it with the community in case anyone else would find it useful. I have some family members considering switching due to the great deal going on right now. I thought a little visual document would help them decide one way or another.

Here's the link

5 REPLIES 5

tknguyen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

cool! Thanks for this 🙂

itsakev

Cool, I didn't know that

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

One other thing you may want to add is you don't need an unlocked phone if they are coming from Telus/Kodoo.  I picked up a used locked Telus phone for cheap and it works great

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

itsakev

Great ideas, thanks!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@itsakev that's pretty handy!

The only thing I'd change is to strongly recommend they temporarily activate with a new number, put the SIM in, test all 3 services (make and receive a call on the temp number, send and receive a text on the temp number, browse to a site or use an app that uses data).  Only then would I suggest they go into self-serve to port their number over.  

You might alo want to give them some guidance on the porting:

- make sure you check the "i'm authorized" checkbox before typing in your number and clicking the button to confirm eligibility

- make sure you fill in only your account number from your old provider, an alternate phone number you can be reached at (home #, work #, spouse, parent, etc--any number other than your porting number and your temporary number), and also their name as authorizing name, exactly as it appears on their statements from their old provider

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.