cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I found out why I can't port

Denwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
So my number I was not main account holder at another company so the names don't match so number can't be ported
I have two way to do so.
1) cancel the account and order new sim and re apply , but I won't get my fall discount anymore because the special has expired.
2) it pm can help me fix this name problem and everything will be fine.
What should I do?
I found out waiting is useless and I haven't got any response from anyone
Please contact me Mods
11 REPLIES 11

@Denwong The Authourized Name and account number must exactly the same as on the account you are trying to transfer.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Denwong
Well I tried it doesn't work

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Denwong

Sign into selfserve account:  https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

Click on the Plans and Add-ons tab.  Then click on Change Number tab.  Then select the option to transfer existing number.  

Dont forget to check the "I am authorized ..." checkbox at the bottom.  If you get an authorization error, close the tab, sign back in again and click this checkbox first then enter number and info.  

If this option doesn't work then I am afraid you are stuck waiting for PM staff to respond to you.

@Denwong same as the frfist time i believe.

Denwong
How do I resubmit the porting request??

@Denwong  Be sure to try what @imm1304 said, it sounds liket hat would fix your issue.

patwoo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried 

- contact us

- Private message

- Tag mod on forum

No response for over a week.

josephcommerce

Contact the MOD...

Send your problem to 2 MOD...

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Denwong!

You are most certainly allowed to port your number to PM even if your name was not on the account with the previous carrier.

In the "Authorization name" field.. just need to enter the name of the account holder.  

So, if this was the only reason, then resubmitting the port request with the correct info is all you need to do.  

jimmyche
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can get a hold of PM for Porting issues thru the below methods:

Webpage> Get help> contact us

and/or

Private message mod from here

I would recommend you to do both. Please take note that at the moment, there's probably going to be a week long wait for fixing this issue. You can also try message public mobile through facebook.I had better luck with faster response there.

Refer to this link regarding how to message mod

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You have to contact them, not the other way around.

Need Help? Let's chat.