Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not able to get text message for verification code

AliAli98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

4 REPLIES 4

@JaimeLaPizza wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

Did you port your number from another provider? If yes, you need to wait for the port to coomplete before you can receive texts.

Hum... I think I could receive/send texts and make calls before porting was really completed.  But when I received a text from PM saying porting was completed, that's when I started being able to receive calls (before that they went to voicemail at my previous carrier.  Took about 1.5 hours after porting for it to complete in my case.

@JaimeLaPizza  I'm assuming the OP is referring to a verification code from a third part i.e (Paypal etc). If it is a PM verification code you are correct he should be able to receive that. I edited my original post for clarification.

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geopublic wrote:

Did you port your number from another provider? If yes, you need to wait for the port to coomplete before you can receive texts.

Hum... I think I could receive/send texts and make calls before porting was really completed.  But when I received a text from PM saying porting was completed, that's when I started being able to receive calls (before that they went to voicemail at my previous carrier.  Took about 1.5 hours after porting for it to complete in my case.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

*Edit for clarification: Forgot to mention try restarting your phone first. I'm assuming you are talking about a verification code from a third party correct? If the verification code is from PM or within PM's network then you should be able to receive that without any issues.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Are you able to get text from other contacts?  

Need Help? Let's chat.