cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch to 4G data???

sarapardo03
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I asked Simon about 4G data and he says PM offers 3G and 4G. I'd like to get 4G data but I can't find a plan with 4G data so how do I switch to 4G if it says there are plans?

10 REPLIES 10

Even with 5g intro we are not holding it breath for full LTE

Not that I need it either

Actually due to optimisation you end up using less data, the same use on full LTE would actually require more data, it wasn't only once when I approached my limit I remembered that with full LTE I would have probably been out of data by then.

If you really need full LTE you could consider switching to Koodo (from time to time they do give great offers for pm users to switch), but you will lose all your rewards. If you just need it temporary you can downgrade to barbones with pm and suspend for up to 90 days while you use the temporary service. The inconvenience is using temporary number in a meantime

One thing I can bet is the day lucky mobile offers full LTE, pm will too

@sarapardo03 

Sorry about the typo it should be in your network settings, depending on your os, bit it's usually where you chose provider or change your apn settings. 

@sarapardo03 wrote:

I asked Simon about 4G data and he says PM offers 3G and 4G. I'd like to get 4G data but I can't find a plan with 4G data so how do I switch to 4G if it says there are plans?

It's not so much about SIMOn being wrong as there service on LTE at a reduced speed, but rather of information being out-of-date. Public Mobile did used to sell regular plans with that (not.just the data-only plan).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarapardo03 wrote:

Thanks, How do I access my office settings?

I think that's a typo. Phones usually have a way to change the network connections like LTE/4G or HSDPA/3G.

@sarapardo03 wrote:

oh I see, thanks for the quick response, really appreciate it!

Any idea if that's gonna change soon? Thanks!!

@sarapardo03  Your guess would be as accurate as mine lol.

sarapardo03

Thanks, How do I access my office settings?

sarapardo03

oh I see, thanks for the quick response, really appreciate it!

Any idea if that's gonna change soon? Thanks!!

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@sarapardo03 

You cannot switch to full speed LTE

In your phone settings you can choose as preference 3g (at full speed so faster than carried LTE but with the lag) or LTE (capped at 3m)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarapardo03 wrote:

There are no full LTE 4G plans available here.

Information and documentation gets very slow attention around here.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@sarapardo03 wrote:

@sarapardo03 All plans at Public Mobile use the 4G/LTE network. The data is restricted to 3G speeds though. I don't notice a difference as I don't game online or stream UHD movies. Others on here have said the same. They used to have a data only plan with 4G speed and old  voice/data plans no longer available for purchase had 4G speeds.

Need Help? Let's chat.