cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change $40 grandfrather plan to the new 90 days plan?

sklin88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On "My Accout"  It asked me to call *611, I tried, but there is no "change plan" option.

How do I change it?

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23

IF YOU NEED to use phone OUTSIDE Canada, Roam Mobility is one of your Options for the time being

Add-Ons ONLY WORK within Canada

NO, PHONE will NOT WORK at all when in US, NO DATA, NO Text, NO Talk.

IF Wi-Fi is available, ONLY Way for 3rd party apps for communication when OUTSIDE CANADA

sklin88
@makkahn28, got it. So currently if I take PM to the States, pay the one time add-on, the voice part will work, but there is no data, right?

Also, Because PM has NO Roaming yet, US calls MUST BE MADE WITHIN CANADA, CANNOT BE MADE in US

Add-On remains on your account UNTIL you have it up, or UNLESS you fail to top up account 90 Days after account Expired

Add-On is separate from Rate Plan.

When you log into your Self-Serve account, you look for Add-On, this is where you can PURCHASE Add-On that has NO Expiry date

Add-On is not a subscription, its not part of a Plan.

sklin88
@makkahn28, so currently, if I pay and subscribe "add on" the best we can do is to make phone call in U.S. to U.S. number or U.S. Back to Canadian number. (And no data is available in U.S. right?)

No Problem.

Also, PM is Prepaid, and Currently Roaming is NOT available, But I feel in my bones that it might return one day

sklin88

@makkahn28 thanks!

Hi. The difference is that with a Call Center, you talk Directly to an agent, and you can better explain the issues and perhaps get answers a bit faster.

Lack of call center only means use of Community private message and email support, slight delay, but it's up to the individual on what they prefer

sklin88

@Luddite, another thing is that, if I move to the new plan, I heard someone mentioned about that I will miss to be able to call into customer centre,  is that true?   well, I never called in ever since first day.   I am just wondering is that  a real big difference for a customer's view?

Thanks again!  

Thanks @makkahn28.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Hi. Yes, I am aware of your inquiry on that.

The answer is No unfortunately, Rewards collected while on GF Plan will NOT be applied retroactively.

When you begin your New Plan, ONLY then do you begin to earn Rewards that WILL then be applied to account

Yes you can purchase the US, though I would opt for International, long distance add-on to call across across Canada, AND to receive calls if you are out of province. Add-ons never expire until completely used so you can try it out and just see how long it lasts.

Sorry don't know how the loyalty reward is applied when you move off a grandfathered plan. @makkahn28 may know.

Do remember, PM provides no roaming; it only works within Canada. So you cannot use it in the USA, etc.

sklin88

@Luddite oh, right!   it's pretty much just $3 extra each month.

Beside you gotta pay 2 months of service upfront, this is a huge advantage to jumb the ship over!

btw, how about that $1 discount each yr we've been with PM?   I am guessing I won't get that until next year?

One last thing is, if I change the plan to just include "Provincial call" plan, let's say if I go to Montreal, or U.S.,  is it possible to purhcase the $8 "add-on" before the trip so the phone will continue to work out of province or out of country?

Thanks

@sklin88 That's it. I assume otthers in your position are considering the change as well. If one is comfortable with no phone support, it makes a lot of sense.

You did notice that you will also get $6 off every 90 days if you use autopay?

sklin88

the main thing that attract to me is the 6G data for each 90 days..

1G of  data is not enough for me..

so for extra $5, I got 2Gb of data per month, so it's worth to make the switch,  am I missing anything??

Thanks

Yes, you dial *611, and after requesting, they send an email to you, THIS IS THE FINAL guard if any cold feet. Just to forewarn you.

Choose carefully and wisely, my advice to you

Sorry @sklin88 didn't notice you asking "What do I do?". My understanding is that you dial *611 and speak to an agent; don't use the self serve features.

BEFORE YOU SWITCH, look at all angles to ensure that you know what you're getting yourself into.

New Plans have no Call support, only Email and Community support.

Aside from rewards, GF Plans can still enjoy the Add-Ons stuff

Plus, if 90 Day plan(s) you want are a bit steep for your wallet, then that can lead to buyers remorse.

Just to inform you of pros and cons, BUT choice is up to you

Plus, Once you switch, GF Plans are zapped to bed forever

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Correct. Grandfathered account holders have a special procedure to change their plan. This is to avoid "buyers' remorse" if they failed to notice that they CANNOT go back their old plan and wiil have NO phone support.

I believe you will get an email outlining this and must "sign off" before the change will be implemented.

Good luck.

If you have any issues come back here and we can engage a moderator.

Need Help? Let's chat.