cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should LNP port from VoIP.Ms take

schultzter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good afternoon

I'm porting in a number from VoIP.ms and it has been a week now but it still isn't working!

I've contacted CSA after a few days and initially they responded quickly but now no response at all!

How do I escalate this issue? I've paid and already lost 5 days off service!!!

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

@schultzter wrote:

All of a sudden late this afternoon it started working!

I have no idea if that's the normal delay or if all my nagging had any influence. 

@schultzter  - Good to hear!

Landlines/voip number do take longer to port some can be 10 or more days.

Are all services working? Usually incoming calls are the last to port over.

For some network trouble-shooting, keep these handy:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot                                                            

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

schultzter

All of a sudden late this afternoon it started working!

I have no idea if that's the normal delay or if all my nagging had any influence. 

schultzter

Good afternoon

Reply back to which message from CSA? 

A number for VoIP.ms is considered a land line so there is no SMS message to reply to. 

If you mean the private messages from CSA then I have replied to those - several times! No response at all - not even to acknowledge my concern or provide any kind of status. 

schultzter

Good afternoon

Yes, I did all that and VoIP.ms has been very helpful. But they can't tell me that status of the port - they only know once the number has left. I have other numbers with them so my account is still active and has plenty of balance. 

I've replied to PM CSA several time since their last message to me but never any response. 

I feel like they have taken my money and forgotten about me!

FYI, last year I transferred a number from VoIP.ms to Chatr and it worked perfectly! So I hoped PM would be just as smooth. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Did you get your name and billing info from VOIP.ms first?  It has to be a match and they have no problem giving you that information. Ask them if they are holding up the port. And since they cannot text you to confirm that it is ok you might want to check your email and your junk/spam folders. Or once again contact them and say it is ok. Do you have money left on voip.ms? I think the account will NOT close at VOIP.ms....ask them and perhaps get another DID....it has potential. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@schultzter 

you have to Reply back for that message you receive from CSA...

all in here community site they are same me and you customer no one can can help you...

Need Help? Let's chat.